WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You should watch it just to see a movie end on a truly WTF note. Like the filmmakers literally pulled the twist out of their asses and said why not.

Just wait till you see the ending of the sequel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

so there are Orcs in Warcraft. Does that mean it is a direct descendants of Lord of the Rings?

It means Tolkien saw the future and stole from WarCraft obviously. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

kelli why do you hate Warcraft and all of its fansssssssssssssssssss

I actually love the game (or should I say loved, I've stopped playing) and was all for the horde. However, the movie blows and it's just a fact.

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I had Conjuring in mine. This is what I'm expecting the Top 15 to end up as now:

1. Dory: 460M

2. Cap: 405M

3. Pets: 270M

4. Suicide Squad: 260M (this and Pets will be very close)

5. Bourne: 230M

6. Independence Day: 170M

7. Star Trek: 160M

8. X-Men: 150M

9. Central Intelligence: 135M

10. Ice Age: 120M

11. Ghostbusters: 110M

12. Angry Birds: 110M

13. The Conjuring: 85M

14. TMNT: 75M

15. The Purge: 75M

Don't see Purge 3 doing that well since Shallows targets a similar demo and audiences will have Dory, ID42, CI and BFG to choose from. Not to mention Tarzan hogging screens.

If Conjuring 2 gets a $50 million decline, no way Purge 3 increases by $5 million.

Bad Moms and The Founder could sneak in and do $100 million+ DOM since adult-skewing films tend to succeed in August.

Pretty reasonable list, but I think the above two will surpass Conjuring 2 and make the top 15. 

39 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

A 50% drop is fine for MBY, it's going to make its budget back and then some. Likewise with The Conjuring, the budget is $40m so it'll be profitable too and enough for a third Conjuring film

$45-55 million DOM is solid for MBY

$75-105 million DOM is solid for Conjuring 2 since OS will be solid, too. 

34 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Really, really glad I didn't have any of this week's openers in my summer game top 15.

Conjuring 2 is going to do $75 million+ so it'll be in the top 15.

Warcraft could sneak in if Father's Day helps it next weekend. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Variety

The Conjuring 2” looks likely to scare away “Now You See Me 2” and “Warcraft” at the U.S. box office this weekend with $37 million at 3,343 sites, early estimates showed Friday.

“Warcraft” was heading for a decent $27 million launch at 3,400 venues, edging “Now You See Me 2” with around $25 million at 3,232 locations.

The early range for New Line’s “The Conjuring 2” was particularly wide with estimates from the low 30s to the low 40s with an opening day ranging from $15 million to $18 million. “Warcraft” was heading for an opening day Friday at around $11 million with “Now You See Me 2” taking in $8 million.

Just now, mahnamahna said:

Bad Moms and The Founder could sneak in and do $100 million+ DOM since adult-skewing films tend to succeed in August.

Neither will sniff 100M dom, cmon now

• Like 4

I'm actually impressed Now You See Me 2 is looking at a $24M or so opening given the sequel trends of this year. Granted it's still headed for a huge drop-off from the first in terms of total but it could've been worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Neither will sniff 100M dom, cmon now

The Founder will probably do 20M total. Bad Moms can do maybe 75M as it is the last female targeting movie of summer and can see good legs.