WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

2 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Warcraft doesn't need the domestic market anyway so I don't know why you guys are all ratting on it. It has already made $275M from outside the USA.

Yes, it's doing well overseas, but we're talking about domestic numbers here. 

4 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Warcraft doesn't need the domestic market anyway so I don't know why you guys are all ratting on it. It has already made $275M from outside the USA.

That number is abnormally high? or am I missing something...

I mean should it have that much? If you subtract China (144 M), OS just had a huge increase right?

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

not cinema audiences.

Me knows, I was just playing with you. But WC being "original" is somewhat debatable, if just because my definition of original is not "the first film in a franchise that's based on an existing one from the VG world", but whatever. 

22 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Conjuring 2 may technically be ahead in numbers, but it is a sequel to something audiences were already familiar with and liked, whereas Warcraft is original. So that's the real win.

Warcraft is original lol? It's the most played video game in history and the film follows the storyline of Warcraft 1 the rts. 

11 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Frontloadedness from hardcore fans and generally poor reception make me think otherwise.  It's gonna do much more like F4 than something like Pacific Rim or EoT.  A shame too.  If it had good reviews, the kind of OW it's going to get could've had it on a trajectory towards a lot higher than the 50M range.

But it hasn't had a poor reception, most people enjoyed it. 

Also 

1) Reviews don't affect box office

2) you are talking about legs not OW

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

That number is abnormally high? or am I missing something...

I mean should it have that much? If you subtract China (144 M), OS just had a huge increase right?

OS without china it has made 130M which is pretty damn good considering that does not include Korea, Mexico, Eastern Europe, Australia, Japan and many more territories.

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

OS without china it has made 130M which is pretty damn good considering that does not include Korea, Mexico, Eastern Europe, Australia, Japan and many more territories.

Exciting if true, but I think BOM may have made some mistake, that sudden spike in OS-China numbers may be too good to be true. 

Anyway, hope the numbers hold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't know if this has been brought up but Ali (the Michael Mann biopic with Will Smith) is back in theaters this weekend.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ali-back-in-theaters/

one of mann's weakest movies i think. real biopicitis running throughout. a shame cos a legit great movie can be made from ali's life for sure. maybe if ang lee was still planning to do that thrilla in manilla movie.