WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

I mentioned this in the Warcraft thread but I think if it gets a sequel, I don't see Universal giving it a plum slot, it'll probably be in January or September. I forsee PR2 also getting a not so plum slot as well, probably August or April 2018. 

There were even people getting angry in the Tarzan thread a few days ago. TARZAN. Every single summer movie gotta get at least a handful of people all hot and bothered

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, VinceMichaudC said:

Deadline Weekend Estimates:

Conjuring 2 - $33-35M
Warcraft - $31M
NYSM2 - $24.5M

Maybe they're underestimating how much the casual audiences (like myself) loved this movie, and it can still hit that 40m number.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

There were even people getting angry in the Tarzan thread a few days ago. TARZAN. Every single summer movie gotta get at least a handful of people all hot and bothered

I feel bad for the people expecting big things on that, it's going to bomb hard.

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Man people gonna be fuming over Nine Lives 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VinceMichaudC said:

Deadline Weekend Estimates:

Conjuring 2 - $33-35M
Warcraft - $31M
NYSM2 - $24.5M

Dreadful for everything except Warcraft because we had our expectations set super low. This is a 160M movie opening with 30M. Terrible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Pandaren said:

Maybe they're underestimating how much the casual audiences (like myself) loved this movie, and it can still hit that 40m number.

You are in full troll mode this weekend. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

DHD is projecting a 60% drop for TMNT and 50-55% for MBY, ouch.

A 50% drop is fine for MBY, it's going to make its budget back and then some. Likewise with The Conjuring, the budget is $40m so it'll be profitable too and enough for a third Conjuring film

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Ehhh, not really for The Conjuring. It'll still be a big money maker.

It will end with half of the first DOM lol. 

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Anything over 30M is a win for Warcraft. The effect of a 15M tracking report :stretcher:

John Carter numbers will be seen as good lol.