WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

Just got back from NYSM 2 and Conjuring 2 and I feel like both were as good as their first movies. During The Conjuring they played the red band Sausage Party trailer and two girls walked in thinking they accidentally walked into Angry Birds. 

LOL the cursing food and baby carrots crying "I WANT MY MOMMY!" before being eaten violently didn't clue them in?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LOL the cursing food and baby carrots crying "I WANT MY MOMMY!" before being eaten violently didn't clue them in?

They walked in during the beginning of the trailer. They did catch on by the time the potato is skinned. 

Just realized that Warcraft opened lower than Fantastic Four. What the hell? Even though reviews weren't kind, the 5M+ current subscribers and the over 12M subscribers at its peak should have at least let it beat the OW of one of the most troubled productions ever. 

Water Bottle mentioned earlier that the movie was 5 years too late, I agree. The same movie coming out in 2011 would have probably launched a huge domestic franchise. It was in development since 2010, so clearly Blizzard knew it as well. 

Seems like all the video game movies are coming out years later than they should have. Warcraft, Angry Birds and Assassins Creed are all about 3-5 years late to capitalize on the game popularity.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just realized that Warcraft opened lower than Fantastic Four. What the hell? Even though reviews weren't kind, the 5M+ current subscribers and the over 12M subscribers at its peak should have at least let it beat the OW of one of the most troubled productions ever. 

Water Bottle mentioned earlier that the movie was 5 years too late, I agree. The same movie coming out in 2011 would have probably launched a huge domestic franchise. It was in development since 2010, so clearly Blizzard knew it as well. 

Seems like all the video game movies are coming out years later than they should have. Warcraft, Angry Birds and Assassins Creed are all about 3-5 years late to capitalize on the game popularity.

Assassins Creed is still relatively relevant though.  It should be fine 

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Sadly I've seen chats in the WoW community, many have watched it, but the high quality bootleg that's out there.. It's sad how so many Warcraft fans have streamed it instead of buying ticket

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sirbadd said:

Sadly I've seen chats in the WoW community, many have watched it, but the high quality bootleg that's out there.. It's sad how so many Warcraft fans have streamed it instead of buying ticket

Everyone saw that coming to be honest. If the core fanbase decides to pirate it, they can't blame other moviegoers now.

1 hour ago, Sirbadd said:

But piracy has no impact. :ca:

It's fatigue:batman:

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 2

Just came back from Warcraft.

Honestly, not as bad as I thought it would be. Story was garbage but I really really digged the rest. I mean, at this point, the story is just a pretext to show awesome things.

Also, I love that the movie fully embraces its "Fantasy" genre. It just goes #FullFantasy and sticks to it. I've seen stuff in this movie I've never seen in any movies prior, which is nice, including some gutsy moves by the writers.

The trailers are fairly misleading too.

I'd give it a 7/10 overall, which is pretty good considering I'd give the story 1/10. Definitely a "fresh" by RT standards for me.

Showing was like... 30% full on IMAX, but it was 10:30 PM so yeah. 

If Warcraft 2 came out tomorrow, I'd buy a ticket  :sherlock:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So how often does this sort of thing occur folks when going to see a movie??? Let's say this was a 1PM showing and it was this empty: Wouldn't they just cancel showing the movie knowing no one gave 0 fucks about it to not show up???

I saw How To Train Your Dragon 2 in the late afternoon in a completely empty theater.

And great number for The Conjuring 2. Had a feeling it would break out and have a feeling Central Intelligence might too.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

If that was an actor, I would be shocked because it looked like stop motion CGI. Like something right out of MAMA.

It was the same actor from Mama. He's credited in the credits. Javier Botet. It's supposed to look weird and inhuman. But that was an actor doing that.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:16 AM, BourneFan #1 said:

29 years ago today, Predator came out.:worthy:

In two days I'll be seeing that movie for the first time ever on the big screen. Our AMC theater here shows classics every Wednesday and June is all booked up for me. Predator this Wednesday, Alien next Wednesday on the 22nd and MF'n Jaws on the 29th.

• Like 1