CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I can pinpoint what it is, but that would be a spoiler. I wrote it in my review in the Review Forum.

There is one major problem with the film and it is just so WTF.

Looked it up and I disagree, that's not it for me. 

Just saw this and don't understand the reception. It's a great movie, with good execution and a really interesting concept. Of course, it had potential for something better but that doesn't make it a bad movie.

I think that was its biggest sin, being released after so many genre-changing movies but it's not its fault that horror is on a renaissance.

• Like 1

Wonder how well Annab3lle is gonna fair this summer. Have a feeling it'll open to $45m tbh, just based on the franchise trajectory and how the second one's WoM was far better than the first ones.

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

Generated more profits than GOTG Vol. 2, holy...

This is a gold mine to Warner, and one of their few alive franchises, and yet, they give a movie so important as Annabelle: Comes Home to a mediocre writer that never even directed a movie in his life? Yikes. I hope this bet will pay off.

21 hours ago, TMP said:

Wonder how well Annab3lle is gonna fair this summer. Have a feeling it'll open to $45m tbh, just based on the franchise trajectory and how the second one's WoM was far better than the first ones.

I'm really afraid that The Nun may have hurt the goodwill of the franchise. I just want it to open above $40m, so a $100m total is locked. It hasn't have a sub $100m grosser since 2014(!). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This is a gold mine to Warner, and one of their few alive franchises, and yet, they give a movie so important as Annabelle: Comes Home to a mediocre writer that never even directed a movie in his life? Yikes. I hope this bet will pay off.

It's a goldmine to Warner... and they keep coming back to Gary Dauberman.

7 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I wonder how long will take to them call Mike Flanagan to this Universe? Isn’t obvious that he’s the best choice to command this Universe?

It should've happened years ago. There are plenty of other great fits for the universe, I have no idea how they end up with people like Dauberman.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

It's a goldmine to Warner... and they keep coming back to Gary Dauberman.

It's likely less risky to give him the third film than an original film, 

16 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I wonder how long will take to them call Mike Flanagan to this Universe? Isn’t obvious that he’s the best choice to command this Universe?

Flanagan doesn't need especially since he was the one who got to direct Doctor Sleep.