FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's not that I'm upset Civil War hit 400 million, it was just that it was a rather long and dull run to 400 million.

To be fair legs have been horrible this year for sequels. 

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

X-Men passes 500m worldwide. Not amazing but if that 178m budget is accurate then it is a decent gross

It is an ok gross but I don't see a future with this cast. 

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The FORCE AWAKENS has spoiled us when it comes to how quickly it's box office soared that no movie can ever measure up to that, except for VIII..

I'm not asking every film to make 900 million,

I just thought it'd be closer to 450 million or something when it was all said and done.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Empire said:

Exactly. Even as someone who really liked the film, I can admit its legs were a joke. They weren't BvS atrocious, but they were far from what I & many expected. 

Yeah legs were surprising to me.

CBM have probably maxed out as far as BO numbers.  There's enough of them such that the non CBM moviegoers won't go in enough numbers to push even the event movies to TA/TDK levels.  They'll still make a ton of money though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Future DC movies maybe, but MARVEL is chugging right along $$$$$$

giphy.gif

Fun fact: Marvel Studios has more movies over 1.1 billion WW than any other studio.

Not bad for an 8 year old sub studio.

• Like 6

Wow, it seems Blizzard didn't want Uwe Boll directing Warcraft, because it was such a big online game sucess , and maybe a bad movie would destroy  that ongoing income, what the company had with it. 

http://www.moviechronicles.com/warcraft/warcraft-news/2008-04/blizzard-laugh-away-uwe-boll/

So, I guess a 29% on RT and a 73% drop ( which is actually higher than a couple of Uwe Boll's movies ) are making Blizzard happy then?

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow, it seems Blizzard didn't want Uwe Boll directing Warcraft, because it was such a big online game sucess , and maybe a bad movie would destroy  that ongoing income, what the company had with it. 

http://www.moviechronicles.com/warcraft/warcraft-news/2008-04/blizzard-laugh-away-uwe-boll/

So, I guess a 29% on RT and a 73% drop ( which is actually higher than a couple of Uwe Boll's movies ) are making Blizzard happy then?

Duncan Jones has made some great movies in the past. He fucked up, tho. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm not asking every film to make 900 million,

I just thought it'd be closer to 450 million or something when it was all said and done.

Yeah, most of us did.  The MCU sequels were already very frontloaded, then everyone just stopped going to the movies in May altogether, which certainly didn't help.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Fun fact: Marvel Studios has more movies over 1.1 billion WW than any other studio.

Not bad for an 8 year old sub studio.

HAIL RDJ's IRON MAN

• Like 1

The Nice Guys seems to be having the best legs of the summer so far. Its weekend PTA has only decreased 31% since Memorial Day weekend. Yeah, it lost a lot of theaters, but the PTA holds are quite reassuring.

30 minutes ago, MrPink said:

4dcea3a0-c5a5-0132-46b6-0e9062a7590a.gif

In a summer where there are many flops and disappoints, we can't even cheer for a movie that grosses 400M dom and over 1B WW. If they don't make Avengers money then it's not great, basically.

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

The Nice Guys seems to be having the best legs of the summer so far. Its weekend PTA has only decreased 31% since Memorial Day weekend. Yeah, it lost a lot of theaters, but the PTA holds are quite reassuring.

It is a shame it opened so low. 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Duncan Jones has made some great movies in the past. He fucked up, tho. 

I liked Jones previous works and I also think he shouldn't be fully blamed for Warcraft's failure.

If the 40 minutes cut is real, then I blame the studio for that. Movie lacked a lot of key scenes. I liked Warcraft, but it was the same guilty pleasure I got with Resident Evil movies. I watched it, then left the theaters joking about it, and I haven't watched it anymore, lol. I basically forgot everything about the movie.

They really dropped the ball with that insane budget. Even Resident Evil movies would play safe in that regard, which is exactly why we're getting a 6th movie. They made a profit, but they were grounded with their low budgets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Star Lord said:

In a summer where there are many flops and disappoints, we can't even cheer for a movie that grosses 400M dom and over 1B WW. If they don't make Avengers money then it's not great, basically.

Will finish below IM3 domestic and worldwide. No one was excepting that 

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

X-Men passes 500m worldwide. Not amazing but if that 178m budget is accurate then it is a decent gross

Yeah, and this weekend, for the first time, it exceeded expectations..... (5+ mill DOM instead of 4+ mill DOM....) :P

Edited by trifle