FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 hour ago, The Pandaren said:

mine was

1.Dory

2.Civil War

3.Suicide Squad

4.Pets

5.X-Men

6.Ghostbusters

7.IDR

8.The BFG

9.Star Trek

10.Bourne

11.Sausage Party

12.Central Intelligence

13.Alice

14.Conjuring

15.TMNT

My top 4 have a great chance at being in order.  And I should get 13/15 or 14/15 (bar no other surprise breakout and Sausage Party breaking out), Alice will likely be the one or two misses I have 

Yeah, my top 4 was Civil War, Suicide Squad, Dory, and Pets. Initially though I had it Dory, SS, CW, and Pets. Should have stuck with that, but I knew CW was opening 175+ as we got close and I would have never predicted its legs to be so terrible with the reviews it had. Still thinking SS can beat CW though. It's literally the only choice left this summer for another big live action blockbuster, I think audiences will be ready to swarm to something not animated by early August. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Where are people predicting 140M for SS? We need to send them to a mental institution. 

I expect 150m OW for SS. Why wouldn't it make it? It's online activity is higher than BvS's and CW's and pretty much any other movie since TFA. And that is amazing especially because it is a new property. Why would it open so much below those movies? Saying it won't do that because Dory did not make it is stupid. Animated movies don't open that high. Also, Deadpool made it and it had way way less hype than SS. Plus, SS has basically no competition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

I have just read apparently Depp suspected Amber Heard was cheating him with Cara Delevigne. Holy shit. I need a sex tape of that. My mind is already imagining things. Depp should have had a three way with both. 

giphy.gif

you ruined the mental image with that depp threeway business. now i'm just imagining his bloated ass next to them.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

SS won't open to 100 mill.  

Of course it will. It has SW type hype and it's marketing has been spot on. It will be the highest CBM this year DOM.

Edited by James

1 minute ago, James said:

Of course it will. It has SW type hype and it's marketing has been spot on. It will be the highest CBM this year DOM.

You have lost your marbles.  You think this will make more than 400?  

LOL, it'll be lucky to do half that.

• Like 10

On June 17, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Captain Craig said:

What should full 3-day numbers look like based off similar comparables?

$130m?

I feel pretty good about this early call from the Preview night number. Just missed it, especially if actuals come down a bit cause of Fathers Day. 

Oh please. Suicide Squad is my most anticipated movie of the year and even I'm not expecting $300m, much less $400m. Get real.

Making $200m with a solid opening will be a big win for that movie.

• Like 3

I do think that SS COULD make gigantic bucks, it just isn't guaranteed to do so at all. SS and Ghostbusters are the two big wildcards of the summer left now that Central Intelligence is out (and not doing amazing business like many predicted) and ID4-2 is an incoming flop.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

No it doesn't. If it had SW type hype people would be excited for all the characters, not just Joker and to a lesser extent Harley.

Since when does it matter how many characters people are excited about lol? It's huge activity is undeniable. It's of no importance why it is there. Just that it is.