FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

3 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

I'd actually be good with longer Pixar films, except not the ones with talking cars.

Yeah, they somehow thought it would be a good idea to give their only truly kid exclusive skewing film their only truly adult skewing runtime. :mellow:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

its not really my opinion Disney stock lost a fifth of its value over the past year but if you want to keep supporting this corporation through the power of belief more power to you

The stock price is a fickle thing. It's not like Disney is in any real danger right now.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, they somehow thought it would be a good idea to give their only truly kid exclusive skewing film their only truly adult skewing runtime. :mellow:

Cars appeals to baby boomers with its whole plot about the automobile culture of the 50s and 60s. Not many kids will get that.

The most egregious thing about the 116 minute run time is that there just isn't that much story there.

Most Pixar films actually make me think of a lot of things after I watch them, so in that way, they're very thought-provoking. That being said they're also great at being emotional. I usually cry at a Pixar film.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

My opinion of Pixar is probably going to be severely tested over the next year,  of course. 

Yeah. It looks rough.

Preferably we would have at least one original film in between each sequel