FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $23.2M, CI - $4.5M, TC2 - $2.3M, NYSM2 - $1.6M, WC - $1M

30% fall is a very reasonable drop after such an epic Tuesday. Toy Story 3 made 13.4m on the same Wed, and that movie had VERY strong weekdays. Finding Dory is just kicking asses and smashing all animated records. Shrek 2 is toasted, 500m looks very good. ID4-2 not breaking out will beneficiate Dory this weekend big time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Look at the url. There is a sequence of 1661. People think that it's the most likely clue.

16.6m would be a good number.  I'm wondering if it actually was a clue though.

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am not a big fan of what RTH is doing :-(

It's so pointless, smug, condescending and annoying the way they leap like dogs every time he deigns to throw some crumbs at them. Like you can tell he thinks he's got all this power over them. Have some self-resspect. The number will be out in a few hours. 

16m is a 31% Wed drop which is just fine.

Tue, Wed % in the first week :

MINIONS +30.1% -31.7%

INSIDE OUT +24.3% -28.1%

FINDING DORY +18.5% -31%

DORY % seem a little wrose in comparison but it's pulling in much bigger numbers. 16m Wed compared to 9m of INSIDE OUT and 11.5m of MINIONS.

A few days don't tell us anything though. For eg: MINIONS fell 18% on first Thursday while INSIDE OUT increased by 1%.

imo DORY will drop 5-10% on Thu for 14.5-15m.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, RascarCapat said:

There is a review section ? :jeb!:

On the off chance that you're serious...

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/25-review-that-movie-spoilers-allowed/

Older releases will be buried, if you want to find anything other than a recent release, do a forum search by movie title and limit results to thread titles only. 

17 hours ago, Baumer said:

Multipliers have changed in 5 years.

A bit too late of a reply, but if that's so, then how come Zootopia had a 4.5x, and The Jungle Book a 3.5x despite a 100M+ opening? And in the last 3 years, 3 freaks of nature - The Avengers, Jurassic World and The Force Awakens - all had 3x multipliers off 200M+ OW's? Answer: they were well liked, fun movies by people of all ages that continued to appeal and flock to them. Dory seems to be one of those movies. So, sorry to tell but I don't think that argument flies very well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, La Binoche said:

It's so pointless, smug, condescending and annoying the way they leap like dogs every time he deigns to throw some crumbs at them. Like you can tell he thinks he's got all this power over them. Have some self-resspect. The number will be out in a few hours. 

Wow. You're such a strange bird. I think your life is joyless. How else can u explain your bitter outlook on just about everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

A bit too late of a reply, but if that's so, then how come Zootopia had a 4.5x, and The Jungle Book a 3.5x despite a 100M+ opening? And in the last 3 years, 3 freaks of nature - The Avengers, Jurassic World and The Force Awakens - all had 3x multipliers off 200M+ OW's? Answer: they were well liked, fun movies by people of all ages that continued to appeal and flock to them. Dory seems to be one of those movies. So, sorry to tell but I don't think that argument flies very well. 

Multipliers have changed for many films.  The rush factor is much greater than it used to be.  Zootopia and Jungle Book were original films.  The three juggernauts you mentioned all had three multipliers and that's terrific but record opening films used to have 4 multipliers at one time.  When Spider-man was the first to break 100 OW it had a 4 multiplier.  So my statement is just a reflection of the way the box office is now.  Toy Story 3 had a 3.77 multiplier.  I think that's about the best Dory could hope for.  There will always be some films that buck the trend.  Pixar and its sequels still have a rush factor to them.  f Dory were to do TS3's X it would end with 509 million.

And btw....RTH never has to give us numbers. Keep that in mind before u get mad.

Didn't he give numbers during TFA's run?

EDIT: Ignore my question, I misunderstood your post at first.

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Multipliers have changed for many films.  The rush factor is much greater than it used to be.  Zootopia and Jungle Book were original films.  The three juggernauts you mentioned all had three multipliers and that's terrific but record opening films used to have 4 multipliers at one time.  When Spider-man was the first to break 100 OW it had a 4 multiplier.  So my statement is just a reflection of the way the box office is now.  Toy Story 3 had a 3.77 multiplier.  I think that's about the best Dory could hope for.  There will always be some films that buck the trend.  Pixar and its sequels still have a rush factor to them.  f Dory were to do TS3's X it would end with 509 million.

The Jungle Book original? Ehh, that's debatable, but that's off topic for our conversation. Yes, rush factor is undoubtedly much bigger than it was, I'll give you that. Nowhere near as many tickets are being sold as 10 years ago. But when audiences like a movie, they will go see it. Even for sequels, that's a case here. I used the three juggernaut scenario to paint you a picture of how even the most supposedly frontloaded films can go to gigantic lenghts, and even though Dory is certainly more of a rush than any other animated film out there, people want to see it and they will continue to see it. You think that 3.77x is the best possible chance for Dory? I think that's likelier than something like 3.25x, for example. And I imagine you're factoring in competition as well, but this Summer is dead weight for competition. Pets is only 2 weeks away, more than enough time for Dory to make it to close enough to 300M, if not over that, imo. 1 week in and it's already at 177M, dude! And then, what else you got? Star Trek, Jason Bourne, Suicide Squad and mayyyybe Ghostbusters. Only one of those appeals to families, if that. Dory is gonna run all Summer long, and if consistently pulls TS3 or even Monsters University type drops, it'll definitely make it past 450M. 509 is not as impossible as you might imagine.