FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $23.2M, CI - $4.5M, TC2 - $2.3M, NYSM2 - $1.6M, WC - $1M

7 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Warcraft is already gone from my local theater this weekend. I'm expecting a massive theater count drop. Could it break the record?

TMNT2, Me Before You, Jungle Book, and Alice are gone too.

Nah, it's not going to break the record. Only something that really fucking tanks like Hardcore Henry or Meet Dave challenges that record.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

$15 mil worth of ground to cover. And with summer weekdays, that shouldn't be difficult.

You realize that the movies we're comparing it to also had summer weekdays, right? Not to mention the Christmas vacation weekdays for TFA.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

You realize that the movies we're comparing it to also had summer weekdays, right? Not to mention the Christmas vacation weekdays for TFA.

OK, then every one of those movies also made $530+ mil. Which with Dory running "$15 mil" behind, still breezes past $500 mil.

I'd say it needs at least $75 mil this weekend to lock it up, but I'd prefer $80+ mil.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Nah, it's not going to break the record. Only something that really fucking tanks like Hardcore Henry or Meet Dave challenges that record.

In the Heart of the Sea lost 2400 theaters despite not having a terrible opening.

Warcraft is playing in 3400 theaters right now, I won't be surprised if it drops to just over 1000.

Edited by department store basement

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

OK, then every one of those movies also made $530+ mil. Which with Dory running "$15 mil" behind, still breezes past $500 mil.

I'd say it needs at least $75 mil this weekend to lock it up, but I'd prefer $80+ mil.

A 10 day total of $293 does not guarantee a final total of $500m+. You're just assuming that it will have the same holds as The Dark Knight.

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

In the Heart of the Sea lost 2400 theaters despite not having a terrible opening.

That's because it's a $100m movie than opened to $11m and fell 69% in its second weekend lol. 

Incredible number for Finding Dory. It has outdone my expectations for how well it would do so far. I see $500 million domestic total happening at this point, as WOM looks to be strong; but we'll see what the rest of the week is like. With Independence Day 2 being rotten on Rotten Tomatoes and perhaps having a relatively muted opening weekend, Dory could continue to dominate.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

A 10 day total of $293 does not guarantee a final total of $500m+. You're just assuming that it will have the same holds as The Dark Knight.

It's already holding better than TDK.

• Like 1