FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s: Dory - $23.2M, CI - $4.5M, TC2 - $2.3M, NYSM2 - $1.6M, WC - $1M

Well @MikeQ....I'm working right now so I don't really have much time to catch up but I really think you will like this place. It's got a terrific staff and some really good posters here lots of smart people and lots of really good analysis that comes out of here as well. Plus we have our own Rentrak people who give us numbers ahead of even Guru and others. @Free State of Tele is one of the adminis and he's a great guy to chat with too....he works as an editor in hollywood. man I have so much I could tell you about this place and thank you so much for the kind words the feeling is completely Mutual about you. As I said I don't have much time right now but I really hope you stick around and call this place home. This place would be so much better with you at it and like I said I think you will like it here as well. I will catch up with you later.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Dory will behave like any juggernaut. Will do at high end of expectations. I am sure it will hit pets more than other way around. 500m+ will happen.

If Dory is headed to 500+, I will be very interested to see how Pets is affected. Would be insane if it still does 300+. It would certainly mean this year has seen the genre's popularity at an absolute all time high. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

If Dory is headed to 500+, I will be very interested to see how Pets is affected. Would be insane if it still does 300+. It would certainly mean this year has seen the genre's popularity at an absolute all time high. 

Funny how you're assuming that it's Dory that will crowd out Secret Life of Pets. It's only been 4 days of release for Dory, you know.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Funny how you're assuming that it's Dory that will crowd out Secret Life of Pets. It's only been 4 days of release for Dory, you know.

I'm not assuming that, if anything I'm still expecting Pets to be huge. Just saying the level of animated blockbusters this year is turning out to be unprecedented. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

You too!!! I could never forget you, baumer. What can I say -- you're a legend. You go back to the BOM days - I still have clear memories of you and I and many of those original BOM members, and the interactions we had. I'm glad you're still around here -- I've been lurking here for a bit. :)

Peace,

Mike

Welcome back MikeQ. I was one of the BOM originals as well. Glad to see you are back. I don't post as much as I used to but this is family. Always has been.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Secret Life of Pets will do Despicable Me 1 numbers.

I actually remember when they scrapped everything. I played the derby for the last few weeks in 2011, and all of the sudden, it stopped.

I also remember seeing some angry facebook comments on the bom page.

20 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

It is indeed a huge shame that Box office Mojo doesn't have any archives of their old forum posts publicly available somewhere. :(

I'm very thankful there's no record of twerp kid Gopher arguing w 40 year olds

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Baumer said:

@lilmac @MikeQ and baumer. Three members of the first Mojo crew. Wow! Good memories. 

Spiderman, Bourne Identity, Austin Powers 3 and Attack of the Clones, those were some of the blockbusters around that time.

Baumer and I had a race to become the first poster to reach 1000 posts. Hilarious.  

• Like 2