baumer

Wed #s RTH (10.3 Dory -30%| IDR 3.4 -32%)

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, right now all we can do is speculate.

I think Purge 3 is going to be the big winner. I think Tarzan is going to fall flat on its face...it's Twitter activity was non-existent last night...even BFG was more active and that's a kiddie film. I think The BFG probably did what's expected.

I feel vindicated after everyone telling me that 3 new films weren't going to hurt Dory.... glad I stuck with my guns on the weekend number cause 40m will be a stretch. 

Flip side the Friday increases should be a bit higher as a result. 

• Like 1

Well, in a bit of relatively good news, FD will be opening in some very important international markets this weekend. Expect strong numbers OS.

Edit: OK nevermind. I thought it was Brazil and Mexico but apparently it's only Brazil.

Edited by Arlborn

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Well, in a bit of relatively good news, FD will be opening in some very important international markets this weekend. Expect strong numbers OS.

Or maybe they won't be strong

#fuckdory

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Or maybe they won't be strong

#fuckdory

The OW of Dory here was below Angry Birds, Kung Fu Panda 3 and Zootopia. Kind of a shock really. His OS performance hasn't been impressive anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The OW of Dory here was below Angry Birds, Kung Fu Panda 3 and Zootopia. Kind of a shock really. His OS performance hasn't been impressive anywhere.

Below Angry Birds?! :rofl:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It's Portugal, did you expect anything different? LOL

Not that I should complain as Ice Age will probably be the highest grossing animation this year over here. :rofl:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think you mean her. :P

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wrong, it's doing really well in Argentina and Venezuela.

I'm feeling that The BFG is gonna be a big fat dud tbh. The media will probably be more fixated on it tanking than Tarzan flopping due to the presumed combined power of Disney and Spielberg yielding rather muted returns.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm feeling that The BFG is gonna be a big fat dud tbh. The media will probably be more fixated on it tanking than Tarzan flopping due to the presumed combined power of Disney and Spielberg yielding rather muted returns.

Disney doesn't care lol. It is obvious for months now this movie is a massive dump job by Disney. It is the last movie in the deal with Dreamworks and they are not even releasing it OS.

11 minutes ago, CoolK said:

Just found out BFG stands for Big Friendly Gaint...i assumed that it stood for Big Fucking Gaint :sadben:

I heard someone yesterday say the same thing. Was probably a poor idea to give the movie such an obscure title.