Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Looking at three-quels,

TS3 came 15 years after TS1. Pixar

Cars3 came 11 years after Cars1. Pixar

KFP3 came 8 years after KFP1. DW

DM3 came in 7 years after DM1. Illumination

Shrek3 came in 6 years after Shrek1. DW

Don't have much data but Disney/Pixar does have a bigger gap.

To add, Madagascar (DW) had a 7 year gap. DM may have had a 7 year gap, but a spin-off between the 2nd and 3rd films showed up 5 years after the 1st. HTTYD (DW) is supposedly gonna hit 9 years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick64 said:

To add, Madagascar (DW) had a 7 year gap. DM may have had a 7 year gap, but a spin-off between the 2nd and 3rd films showed up 5 years after the 1st. HTTYD (DW) is supposedly gonna hit 9 years.

wow, DW has had so many three-quels. they are unique in that regard. and yet i remember folks (including me) complaining about time it took to make kfp sequels. also they have the only 4th in shrek4. ts4 will join it shortly though.

3 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Any source of it? Would be interesting to know how the merchandise numbers have been for the three Cars movies. C1 i think was brutal. Cars 2 decreased from C1, but still had big numbers. Don't heard a word about C3.

I think I already asked it, but is there any site where to check movie merchandise sales, dvd-bluray-vod incomes ... movies numbers' apart from box office.

It's hard to find up-to-date merchandise numbers but Frozen, SW, Cars, Big 5 (mickey and friends), and Disney Princesses typically are the top 5 in various orders.

Frozen 2 was never going to come out real fast since it is a musical.  But they've kept Frozen in the public eye with the shorts and broadway musical

2 hours ago, RRA said:

Buried in this article about Black Panther merch is the detail about CARS 3 merch sales 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-02-27/-black-panther-rocks-toy-aisle-as-hasbro-revives-merchandising

thanks!

just says the toy-sales for Cars3 were "lackluster", and also that SW merchandise sells decreased for second year in a row. But exposed liked that you cannot get an idea of how  a drop it is ...or it is not. Maybe sells decrease, but the benefit margin is still very lucrative for Disney though.  

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

Looking at three-quels,

TS3 came 15 years after TS1. Pixar

Cars3 came 11 years after Cars1. Pixar

KFP3 came 8 years after KFP1. DW

DM3 came in 7 years after DM1. Illumination

Shrek3 came in 6 years after Shrek1. DW

Don't have much data but Disney/Pixar does have a bigger gap.

And if you go for four-quels, 

TS4 comes 24 years after TS1

DM4 should wait 16 years to equal de gap. (though i would consider Minions as a direct prequel to DM1, so the real 3rd Despicable Me movie for the matter).

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

And if you go for four-quels, 

TS4 comes 24 years after TS1

DM4 should wait 16 years to equal de gap. (though i would consider Minions as a direct prequel to DM1, so the real 3rd Despicable Me movie for the matter).

if we count spin-offs then there's 2 planes movies and puss-in-boots. so i just left minions out.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This is the most surprising Disney animated film announced in recent years.

Really? WiR was honestly the first and maybe only WDAS film I've ever seen where I thought a theatrical sequel seemed very obvious and fitting. 

Edited by MovieMan89