CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah it's their trump card in the marketing even mores than Zootopia's Sloth scene that was pushed in every trailer of that film.

The girl appeal that could be added to this movie with that scene alone is massive. Which is great since the only reason WiR probably wasn't as huge as some of their more recent ones is because it likely did skew boy. 

It's interesting that they don't seem to be just dropping the character models from Frozen, Tangles, and Moana, but are instead doing the characters more in line with WiR's designs. That's a nice touch, and it does explain why the others show up the way they do.

I could see that as an attempt to make it seem like they're characters from a game (or games) based on the movies instead of the characters in those movies. I dig it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

They're idiots if they don't feature it in the next trailer. The amount of money it could add all on its own to the OW is huge. 

$100M 5-day? Or something closer to Moana?

54 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

$100M 5-day? Or something closer to Moana?

Moana numbers. I don’t think $100M 5 Day is likely especially with Grinch so close,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Moana numbers. I don’t think $100M 5 Day is likely especially with Grinch so close,

Illumination has some work to do with that one. First movie ever of theirs where the marketing has felt extremely off so far. Don't think they're doing a good job at all with that so far. And if this delivers a great trailer that generates lots of buzz with the princess scene, I can definitely see it overshadowing Grinch. Has the better release date too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Illumination has some work to do with that one. First movie ever of theirs where the marketing has felt extremely off so far. Don't think they're doing a good job at all with that so far. And if this delivers a great trailer that generates lots of buzz with the princess scene, I can definitely see it overshadowing Grinch. Has the better release date too. 

I’d beg to differ. Illumination has already started the marketing train. When I went to see DP2 2 weekends ago, they played Grinch ads in the middle of the trailer reels. Besides we’ll probably get another trailer soon and this forum tends to under estimate Illumination movies but I see both making decent numbers. Ralph 2 does $250M, and Grinch at $300M

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’d beg to differ. Illumination has already started the marketing train. When I went to see DP2 2 weekends ago, they played Grinch ads in the middle of the trailer reels. Besides we’ll probably get another trailer soon and this forum tends to under estimate Illumination movies but I see both making decent numbers. Ralph 2 does $250M, and Grinch at $300M

Grinch gets no reaction from my anecdotal experience. The trailer is an odd one. And yeah I know this place underestimates Illumination, I however am usually one of the ones saying the opposite. 

• Like 1

The Wreck It Ralph movie did ten times more brilliantly what Ready Player One pathetically tried very hard to do.

Plus it looked very good and the world was saved by a Mentos-Coca Cola eruption.

Beat that Steven.

• Like 1

So, I absolutely love that trailer.

It's like Disney spent $10b the last 15 years acquiring properties such as Lucasfilm, Pixar etc... JUST so they could make this film. Truly amazing.

My favourite part about the whole disney princess bit is how agressive Cinderella gets by smashing her glass shoe into a dagger :hahaha:

• Like 2