Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's a 20-30 minute drive for me.

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I drive half an hour to see movies all the time. 

I have two theaters within 15 minutes of me :lol:

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

If you're going strictly by budget then about 360.

180m budget + marketing campaign (just guessing 75m)

So yeah 350-400m ww + auxiliary sources taking care of marketing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

THE SHALLOWS earned an estimated $3.0M on Friday. Domestic total is now $29.25M.

So it looks like the Shallows is on it's way to becoming one of Blake Lively's highest grossing solo-led films. 

A year after Age of Adeline exceeded expectations, it seems like she's on a bit of a roll.  

Her next film is Woody Allen's Cafe Society, which i don't expect to be huge, probably around 15-20m that seems to be the average for Woody Allen summer films.

The one after that is "All I See is You' costarring Jason Clarke which is another thriller about a blind woman that could do 40-45m as well if it gets picked up by a good studio and good release date.  

• Like 1

There's a new theater under construction but it's still going to be a 20 minute drive, maybe more considering where I typically go has a higher speed limit and is less developed so less people on the road.

Edited by WrathOfHan

39 minutes ago, babz06 said:

So it looks like the Shallows is on it's way to becoming one of Blake Lively's highest grossing solo-led films. 

A year after Age of Adeline exceeded expectations, it seems like she's on a bit of a roll.  

Her next film is Woody Allen's Cafe Society, which i don't expect to be huge, probably around 15-20m that seems to be the average for Woody Allen summer films.

The one after that is "All I See is You' costarring Jason Clarke which is another thriller about a blind woman that could do 40-45m as well if it gets picked up by a good studio and good release date.  

She is solid for a mid to low budget film to make a profit, which I know can be easy but it can also fail too so I wont discredit her for that. However, I would never have her be the lead or one of the leads of a blockbuster though. As for Cafe Society...its a very good cast, but I don't think people care for it. Now "All I see is you" is interesting. I had no idea what it was but just looked it up and it has an interesting premise to it. Its also directed by Marc Forster which is a plus plus. Then again it can have the potential to be a Lifetime movie. I do think if its a very low budget film, that a studio will pick it up and release it. There isn't much information about it though so I can't really say much as else. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

This flagellation over BFG is just silly. Being a co-production with a relatively modest budget, it's neither a flop nor a big hit. But none of the companies involved will be hurt much (and some might turn a profit). It was a one-off no matter what, so it's not a huge deal either way.

2 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

Really? I don't think blockbusters rely on star power much at all anymore. 

Yea you're right. And I would agree on her behalf if she wasn't in The Green Lantern. I think if she were cast in a blockbuster right now people would throw the Green Lantern at her as the reason why she shouldn't be in a blockbuster film. But I think in the right film, it would work because like you said its not all about the star power now a days although it doesn't hurt to have it.