Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

27 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Will be overjoyed if it actually happens, but too early to get excited. If it does do that for the 3 day though, I'd say TDK DOM is going down. 

I think they mean $50 million+ for the 4-day. 

$50 million+ for the 3-day would require too much of a Friday bump in order to be feasible. $44-46 million would be about as high as I could see the 3-day going. 

• Like 1

Me when I saw BFG preview numbers :

giphy.gif

My wife was like "What's the matter ?

- The numbers for BFG are bad !

- But I thought you didn't care about the BFG.

- I don't, but I care about the numbers"

• Like 2

Just now, tribefan695 said:

BFG just couldn't make itself stand out. Looked like a run of the mill kids fantasy and its reviews didn't do much to convince otherwise 

Goes to show that buying up all the ads on the internet can't do everything for you.

• Like 1

Early tracking for Star Trek Beyond is meh, but Pets is huge

Paramount’s Star Trek Beyond began charting on the tracking boards yesterday with various sources putting the threequel’s opening range between $48M-$60M when it debuts on July 22.

Many insiders predict that Finding Dory will hand off the No. 1 baton to Universal/Illumination Entertainment’s The Secret Life of Pets next weekend. The sixth title from Illumination is currently vying for an $80M-plus three-day at an estimated 4,100 theaters; and that’s as big as it gets for July 2016 opening projections at this point in time.

• Like 8

You know, I don't even need to know how good Pets is or isn't, it honestly deserves the original animated OW record. Illumination started marketing it a full year ago, and they were brilliant in the campaign from start to finish. And that's one long campaign to maintain. They deserve to be rewarded for their advanced marketing prowess. 

• Like 2

This is how Pets is doing so far overseas:

UK: Opened to 7.9M with an additional 4.9M from previews (its OW was after Brexit), one of the best original animated openings.

Hong Kong: Good opening weekend so far but there was a holiday on Friday that inflated the gross. It's opening on par with Zootopia but below IO.

14 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

Me when I saw BFG preview numbers :

giphy.gif

My wife was like "What's the matter ?

- The numbers for BFG are bad !

- But I thought you didn't care about the BFG.

- I don't, but I care about the numbers"

That's basically my parents with me every week :lol:

We're sitting in the car and my dad said the funniest and sort of saddest (because it's so true) thing.

"Stop talking about The Purge okay? If The Purge was an actual thing, you and your movie buddies would just be complaining how poor the box office is on Purge night."

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Did anyone else notice ID:R losing theaters on weekend two? Is that another BOM typo or did it really get dropped by a few theaters that quickly?

It is most likely a typo. 

• Like 1