WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

Why in the world would SLOP be frontloaded? Sure, it was marketed well and all, but it's a very kid-centric movie with zero built in fanbase. It's not a sequel or Pixar movie. The fact that it might have an OD higher than Inside Out, considering that IO was an adult-skewed Pixar movie with amazing reviews, is insanity. The real breakout surprise of the summer- and I had it third in my summer game predictions. 

• Like 3

Guys don't take these numbers seriously....Not yet anyway. It's fucking noon on the west coast. We've been through this before. 

• Like 5

Just now, Baumer said:

I don't like Pixar. Never have. I don't see anything great about most of their films. Sorry.

Well I know you like TS1, Up, and IO from past conversations on the subject. At least you like some of the greats. 

I'd bet a lot of money that Tarzan and Mike and Dave do way more than their projections. If tarzan did 4m on Thursday it would have to increase less than 20% today to do 15 mill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well I know you like TS1, Up, and IO from past conversations on the subject. At least you like some of the greats. 

Despised Up. TS1 was fine and I loved IO

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

Guys don't take these numbers seriously....Not yet anyway. It's fucking noon on the west coast. We've been through this before. 

Is RTH still here with his/her early numbers?

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Since we're well into summer now, it's natural that The Secret Life of Pets is gonna experience some level of frontloading. I'm sure plenty of camps are making trips to the theater today.

There's no more reason for Pets to be front loaded than there was for IO.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

If it goes 2m higher than IO's OD it should hit 90 pretty safely. It's not a sequel and it's not Pixar. Those tend to be the only cases of big animation OD frontloading. 

It is Illumination, and I think its extremely effective marketing could cause OW front loading due to a rush excitement.

With a 35.5m Fri

Fri: 35.5m

Sat: 34m

Sun: 25.5m

WKND: 95m

I could maybe see it pushing a little higher now that I see the estimated Friday numbers.  But id still take Deadline's estimates with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Hehe loving the potential for Pets right now. It's on course to obliterate Zootopia here atm, been number 1 for 2 weeks, and it's preview weekend would have been number 1 too! 

On another note, just watched The Neon Demon. Holy shit that was an insane, crazy, visually incredible movie! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Why in the world would SLOP be frontloaded? Sure, it was marketed well and all, but it's a very kid-centric movie with zero built in fanbase. It's not a sequel or Pixar movie. The fact that it might have an OD higher than Inside Out, considering that IO was an adult-skewed Pixar movie with amazing reviews, is insanity. The real breakout surprise of the summer- and I had it third in my summer game predictions. 

you get the point, normally an original firm will have better legs.....

Edited by titanic2187