WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

53 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Hey, they made Gone Girl, didn't they? That comes pretty close, in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

And this year we have Girl on a Train. Few years ago we had Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo. 

The Girl Series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

teens and twenty somethings love the medium too, meaning animation is truly four quad.

:WHATanabe: 

(I don't think four-quad means what you think it means.)

Ask anyone in their late-30s and beyond about some recent animated blockbuster. If they don't have kids, they won't have seen it (probably). If they've seen it, they're probably lukewarm ("it was fine") at best. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Ask anyone in their late-30s and beyond about some recent animated blockbuster. If they don't have kids, they won't have seen it (probably). If they've seen it, they're probably lukewarm ("it was fine") at best. 

:sadben:

Pets’ Saturday turned in $36M, a 7% dip from Friday. 

The Illumination Entertainment/Universal feature is on its way to a three-day of$103.3M, the second best debut for the label after Minions’ $115.7M high last July. 

Finding Dory is looking to make $20.9M at the same point in its run. This will bring Dory‘s running domestic total to $423M

Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s $180M epic The Legend of Tarzan is vying to stay alive, on course for a $20.7M weekend

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rth said:

SLOP 36.7,LOT 8.4,FD 8.3,M&D 5.7,PEY 4.6,CI 3.3

Goddamn I have no idea what people see in Pets but I sure as hell am seeing the news and it doesn't surprise me that most are escaping to a relatively harmless animated comedy about pets at this point. I think it's safe to say that grimdark and "edgy" films are not in vogue with moviegoers right now.

Wow, at The Legend Of Tarzan's impressive drop (if Tsujihara's job depended on this movie's success, he may have banked on a more reliable movie than ANYBODY except maybe him ever expected... even if it still will fall quite short of breaking even); at Finding Dory holding on to 20M+ despite the big ass debutant; and at The Secret Life Of Pets breaking the all-time record for an original MOVIE, not just animation (Inside Out broke that record from Avatar).

I feel like we have FINALLY arrived to Summer movie season. It's only been around 2 months, fucking universe.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Movie day report: Tarzan was surprisingly okay I have to say. Did not enjoy SLOP or Ghostbusters though. SLOP had a few good moments but overall seems to be way overhyped. 

There's no more GB thread due to (what else?) dumpster fire-esque discussion so review plz?