WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

1. THE CONJURING 2 made an estimated $1.74M weekend, down 54.5%, for $99.37M total.

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE made an estimated $8.12M weekend, down 35.0%, for $108.32M total.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

How could you possibly know that? It's the height of ethnocentrism to think that "Oh, it's Japanese, so of course it's bizarre".

And hell no to Pixar having more variety and creativity than Studio Ghibli. Watching Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away seem to refute that.

Nah, Japan is pretty fucking bizarre on a regular basis.

And I love it.

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Illuminition is brilliant at what they do.

Get over it.

Not need for the hyperblolic hating.

This whole mentality of "they make money and they're popular so stay mad haterzzzz ;)" needs to stop. This why the cringe-worthy Jennifer Lawrence became the #1 actress of our time, and why Kim Kardashian is probably the most famous woman right now. We allowed it to happen. It's ok to question, complain and even hate. In fact it's necessary. 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 1

I don't mind Illumination but I do feel that compared to other studios like WDAS, Pixar, Aardman, they don't put in more effort in the story of their films or the characters and the result is a unremarkable amusing film. I can remember more gags from Shaun the Sheep for example than Pets and a lot of gags felt like rehashes from other films. 

I would like a short with the characters from Pets, a sequel while I imagine I'd be successful, I can't imagine Illumination coming up with a better story. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

This whole mentality of "they make money and they're popular so stay mad haterzzzz ;)" needs to stop. This why the cringe-worthy Jennifer Lawrence became the #1 actress of our time, and why Kim Kardashian is probably the most famous woman right now. We allowed it to happen. It's ok to question, complain and even hate. In fact it's necessary. 

Shots fired :popcorn:

CI and CONJ2 have made WB big profits. Their combined production budget is 90m.

Combined dom will be 235-240m. (103-105 + 135)

Combined OS before the weekend was 211m. (179 + 32)

So combined WW will be 446-451m + whatever they have remaining in the tank OS.

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Combined dom will be 235-240m. (103-105 + 135)

Combined OS before the weekend was 211m. (179 + 32)

So combined WW will be 446-451m + whatever they have remaining in the tank OS.

CI overseas rights were through Universal.

Though WB reaped the good portion.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Central Intelligence has become the sleeper hit of Summer 2016. Excellent run.

Why Dwayne Johnson is becoming a movie star ?

Simple.

He understands his screen persona, so he does projects that suit him perfectly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Don't forget Me Before You which was a modest hit as well. All those films came from New Line who have done better this year than WB 

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Why has the concept of mass appeal allegedly made popular music and popular movies more shallow yet has improved television?

?

What are you talking about? How did that concept improve television?