kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING | 546.0 M overseas ● 880.2 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yayy. I like round numbers so 880 is great!

Wasn't this guaranteed to make 1B or something IM, OS loves Spidey, etc)? And then when 1B wasn't in play anymore 900M was a lock (cause if SK is such boxoffice bonanza surely China will be too)? It just shows that reaching those numbers is not easy. Great number regardless but, yeah, unrealistic expectations tend to take away from success. 

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Wasn't this guaranteed to make 1B or something IM, OS loves Spidey, etc)? And then when 1B wasn't in play anymore 900M was a lock (cause if SK is such boxoffice bonanza surely China will be too)? It just shows that reaching those numbers is not easy. Great number regardless but, yeah, unrealistic expectations tend to take away from success. 

Gauranteed according to whom? I've said this multiple times before and I will say it for the last time, the majority of the people on the forum and SHH and other fan forums were expecting between 800-900 and u can check the clubs and fan polls to see for yourself. A few people hoping for 900 or 1b does not make the majority. Stop with the revisionist thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Gauranteed according to whom? I've said this multiple times before and I will say it for the last time, the majority of the people on the forum and SHH and other fan forums were expecting between 800-900 and u can check the clubs and fan polls to see for yourself. A few people hoping for 900 or 1b does not make the majority. Stop with the revisionist thing

IJack, duh! :D

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol he (and a few others) overpredicts EVERYTHING

:hahaha:I think that one day some of those overpredictions will come true. Someone said the other day that another poster was throwing around 600M for TA, like Cap+IM+Hulk+Thor boxoffice = 600M TA boxoffice...and was right! :bravo:

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

Yeah.... thank you Iron man......made all this possible. 

How about Thor R...was Iron Man in that too. Perhaps you should visit the weekend thread instead of being bitter 4 months later about homecoming

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Edited by XO21
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, XO21 said:

How about Thor R...was Iron Man in that too. Perhaps you should visit the weekend thread instead of being bitter 4 months later about homecoming

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Thor, easily had or is having the most impressive run for the MCU films this year. MCU Spiderman without Ironman all over the posters and trailers  goes under 800 mill. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Thor, easily had or is having the most impressive run for the MCU films this year. MCU Spiderman without Ironman all over the posters and trailers  goes under 800 mill. 

It's called speculation. You'll need facts to be credible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

Pretty agree. If someone tells me that a Thor film can manage the same numbers than a Spidey film some months ago (both DOM and OS) I would call him crazy. Thor is the real success for MCU this year.

• Like 1

Why does everyone credit Iron Man?

What about the fact that SMH is one of the best Spider-man movies?

You really think if you cram 15 minutes of Iron Man into ASM2, you get anywhere close to 900 m?

Also SMH had fantastic legs. Iron Man would only give a bump to OW.

Give credit where it's due. This is one of the best Spidey movies and one of the most successful because of many elements.

• Like 2

It was only 7 minutes of Iron Man.  I think RDJ filmed about 3 days.  To put that in perspective, Evans filmed one day.

He did give it a boost (at least O/W) because he was all over the advertising. 

It also it gave a new hook to SM - having him exist in a world with other heroes which set it apart from the previous films.  It was part of it's freshness.

• Like 1