grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

Taking a 0-10% Sat bump from True Friday (of 13.7) and Sun drop of 24-29%

3.4 + 13.7 + 15.0 + 11.4 = 43.5 on the high-end

3.4 + 13.7 + 13.7 + 9.7 = 40.5 on the low-end

42 in the middle.

EDIT: Calc error. TF is 13.7. Not 14.7

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Just gonna say it. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up at $38M.

Nothing would be shocking at this point unless it goes flying up tomorrow. If it was going to pick up steam it probably would have done that tonight not gone down from initial estimates.

I don't think all the news from Turkey on CNN took away from it's box office tonight either. 

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Taking a 0-10% Sat bump from True Friday (of 14.7) and Sun drop of 24-27%

3.4 + 14.7 + 16.2 + 12.3 = 46.5 on the high-end

3.4 + 14.7 + 14.7 + 10.7 = 43.5 on the low-end

45 in the middle.  

Still saying it will end up right along the lines of Fury Road and Tomorrowland

Somewhere from 41-45 is pretty likely.

Bit of a boring start for Ballsbusters: Because Men Are Pigs. Pets holding on to the #1 position as expected after last weekend's result. That'll be 5 weekends in a row dominated by animation. Wonder if Finding Dory will still have it to squeak by into the 500M club, but at this point, with so much competition and harsher drops than at first, I doubt it. Even though it will be by 445M in its 5th weekend, so maayyyyybe, it's still possible, if Disney gives it an expansion in a feasable date.

Flixster rating went up to 49%. It's at 2.8/5 now.

But that doesn't seem so far off from the 3 star ratings I've seen a lot of people give it. So I know trolls are attacking it but it might be a little more accurate then it looks.

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Flixster rating went up to 49%. It's at 2.8/5 now.

But that doesn't seem so far off from the 3 star ratings I've seen a lot of people give it. So I know trolls are attacking it but it might be a little more accurate then it looks.

Not really.  Mike & Dave (!) by comparison is sitting at 68% with a 3.7/5 rating

I found the film lived up to its "Whatever" trailers. If you liked it, that's fine. I respect that. 

But I am kinda dumbfounded by how both extremist sides of this argument (the fan/man-babies and the SJWs) decided to make this their target. Just wasn't worth their time, and Ghostbusters as an IP isn't a sacred cow. *Shrugs*

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Taking a 0-10% Sat bump from True Friday (of 14.7) and Sun drop of 24-27%

3.4 + 14.7 + 16.2 + 12.3 = 46.5 on the high-end

3.4 + 14.7 + 14.7 + 10.7 = 43.5 on the low-end

45 in the middle.  

ftfy

3.4 + 13.7 + 15.2 + 11.3 = 43.6 on the high-end

ready to concede on CA3 under IM3?

Edited by No Prisoners

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

ftfy

3.4 + 13.7 + 15.2 + 11.3 = 43.6 on the high-end

ready to concede on CA3 under IM3?

will wait to see if disney gives a push. 3-5 weeks i guess :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Not really.  Mike & Dave (!) by comparison is sitting at 68% with a 3.7/5 rating

Huh yeah I don't know. I know most big movies usually start off higher but I know a lot of the positive reviews from actual critics on RT are 3 out of 5 stars.

So if it is 2.8, that isn't entirely too off the mark. Mike & Dave also only has 18,000ish reviews while Ghostbusters has 78,000ish

42 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Still saying it will end up right along the lines of Fury Road and Tomorrowland

Somewhere from 41-45 is pretty likely.

Yeah I had a calculation error. Used 14.7 for True Friday instead of 13.7. Updated.

47 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Taking a 0-10% Sat bump from True Friday (of 13.7) and Sun drop of 24-29%

3.4 + 13.7 + 15.0 + 11.4 = 43.5 on the high-end

3.4 + 13.7 + 13.7 + 9.7 = 40.5 on the low-end

42 in the middle.

EDIT: Calc error. TF is 13.7. Not 14.7

So it should open to about 42-42.  That's not bad but it's not great either.  I'm curious how the rest of the world responds to it....so far the UK has kind of ignored it.

• Like 1

GB ow is meh or good depending on how you look at it.

It's good keeping in mind the internet hate it received. But that is similar to internet love that movies like Snakes on a Plane receive but it does not translate to bo.

But social media has become powerful and 41-44m is a decent ow considering legs are expected to be fair.

Even though it's budget is very big, some big budget movies this summer and last would have loved to have GB's ow.

But,

it's meh keeping mind original GB's stature and what potential lay. On paper it all looked good. I think the idea about women GB and cast was good.

But a mixed cast (2+2) would have represented gender equality in a better and honest way IMO.

Good or average...I certainly would not call it a bad ow.

A 41-44 ow always creates a good platform for a nice run in summer. Whether movies have the legs to exploit that platform is up to their merit (IDR vs LOT...IDR 3-day was 2.5m higher, dom will be 25-30m behind)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Central Intelligence has incredible legs and it just keeps chugging along. I don't know what it will end with but if it keeps dropping softly like this is 140 out of the question?