grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Fantastic Beasts is definitely not going to be in the top 10 this year. 200 mill tops

Considering it might take 300m to make top 10 this year, I agree. But will at least do more than 200, that's not a reasonable ceiling. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Considering it might take 300m to make top 10 this year, I agree. But will at least do more than 200, that's not a reasonable ceiling. 

I see Suicide Squad + Moana + Rouge One, but that only makes it nine. 

Edit: Forget what I said I stupidly forgot Pets.

Edited by cookie

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hey we have polynesians, Jason Bourne, a boy and a NON-TALKING dragon, Denzel's cowboys, football, some chick on some train, and JLaw in space to potentially add to Star Wars, wizards, superheroes, and talking animals in the top 16. So HA, take that no diversity whiners!! :P

Oil rig heroes, star-crossed LA lovers, time traveling assassins, and office partygoers potentially as well. 

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

I see Suicide Squad + Moana + Rouge One, but that only makes it nine. What else could make $300m+?

Yeah, that would be it I think. So I guess maybe Beasts has a shot at #10, but that's the absolute highest. Will have to get past Sing too, which I'd say will be 250ish. 

nutes ago, cookie said:

Edit: Forget what I said I stupidly forgot Pets.

Lol, I wasn't adding it either. So yeah, #11 or 12 then for Beasts. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

By the end of this weekend, the domestic top 12 will be

1. Talking animals

2. Superheroes

3. Superheroes

4. Talking animals 

5. Talking animals

6. Superheroes 

7. Talking animals 

8. Superheroes

9. Talking animals 

10. The Rock and Kevin Hart

11. Talking animals 

12. Skarsgards abs, the V, animals but not talking

Tele:

Gqrm4qk.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I think Doctor Strange will probably out gross Fantastic Beasts

I'm thinking Dr. Strange only does Ant-Man numbers. I don't think marketing has been very good for creating hype and he's of a similar unknown status to the GA as Ant-Man. Besides if CBM fatigue is ever setting in this year, I'd expect it to be on that. 

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm thinking Dr. Strange only does Ant-Man numbers. I don't think marketing has been very good for creating hype and he's of a similar unknown status to the GA as Ant-Man. Besides if CBM fatigue is ever setting in this year, I'd expect it to be on that. 

Nah. A lot of people were turned off by how ridiculous Ant-Man's premise was. Doctor Strange doesn't have that problem. Cumbervatch is also a bigger name to their main demo than Paul Rudd. 

Might change closer to release but I'm definitely sensing more hype for Strange than I am Fantastic Beasts

27 minutes ago, Snakewise said:

So what you guys are saying is that we really need a movie about Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers?

That's the movie I'm waiting for. WDAS & Marvel Studios need to get off their asses and make a Pet Avengers film ASAP. That shit would make billions, guaranteed. ?

1409608-12_avengers_vs__pet_avengers_3.j

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nah. A lot of people were turned off by how ridiculous Ant-Man's premise was. Doctor Strange doesn't have that problem. Cumbervatch is also a bigger name to their main demo than Paul Rudd. 

Might change closer to release but I'm definitely sensing more hype for Strange than I am Fantastic Beasts

The marketing for AM was pretty effective at making it look far less ridiculous than the name would have suggested. The Thomas the train bit got HUGE reactions every time I saw it in theaters. DS just looks *ahem* strange, and given it's not anchored by any character the GA recognizes I think it's got some problems. If it's well liked it can do AM numbers, but otherwise I think as low as 150 can happen. Especially with November being packed with the likes of Trolls, Beasts, Billy Lynn, and Moana all of which could cut into some part of the typical MCU 4 quad audience. 

• Like 1