grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

Just now, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

I know, but aren't Emmy awards for fucking TELEVISION?

"Comedians in cars getting coffee", which is exclusive to Crackle, is nominated for best talk show alongside John Oliver, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon etc.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

I know, but aren't Emmy awards for fucking TELEVISION?

technically orange is the new black, house of cards, transparent etc, etc aren't television either so that's been out the window for a few years.

• Like 2

I dunno why some of you guys are discounting the Emmys man?

Mr. Robot winning best drama this year was totally deserved.

Freddie Highmore better be nominated next year for Bates Motel though.

Edit: Actually fuck that was the Golden Globes.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Eh, male actors often get blamed when movies flop too. How quickly everyone forgets that Taylor Kitsch became a bit of a punchline four years ago (despite the failures of John Carter and Battleship not being his fault at all).

They may get blamed, but they aren't blamed because they are men.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Well looks like McCarthy and her husband have another movie set up for May 11th, 2018. McCarthy would be smart to just stick with Feig. 

I think Melissa should consider doing some non comedy roles, she was good in St Vincent. Likewise with Wiig, she has proven with Diary of a Teenage Girl and The Martian that she can do serious roles. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Melissa should consider doing some non comedy roles, she was good in St Vincent. Likewise with Wiig, she has proven with Diary of a Teenage Girl and The Martian that she can do serious roles. 

She has a terrific cameo in Central Intelligence.  McCarthy that is.  But yea, she was good in St. Vincent.  I wonder if she worked Murray over in that movie, try to get him to be in GB.

3rd WRITETHRU, 4:47 PM: According to some industry estimates right now, Sony/Village Roadshow’s Ghosbusters isn’t that far from The Secret Life of Pets. The Paul Feig-directed, femme-starring Ghostbusters will easily win Friday with an estimated $18M-$19M, but could hit $49.4M, slotting below Illumination/Universal’s Pets which is looking to take No. 1 again with $50M. Pets’ Friday is coming in around $15M, and by Sunday will count $202.6M.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-weekend-box-office-1201787149/

updated numbers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

She has a terrific cameo in Central Intelligence.  McCarthy that is.  But yea, she was good in St. Vincent.  I wonder if she worked Murray over in that movie, try to get him to be in GB.

I wanted to mention the cameo in CI but wasn't sure if spoilers were allowed yet for that film. She was great in the short appearance she had, the outtakes with Dwayne Johnson were hilarious. 

I like her as an actress but I do think she needs a break from R rated comedies. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

3rd WRITETHRU, 4:47 PM: According to some industry estimates right now, Sony/Village Roadshow’s Ghosbusters isn’t that far from The Secret Life of Pets. The Paul Feig-directed, femme-starring Ghostbusters will easily win Friday with an estimated $18M-$19M, but could hit $49.4M, slotting below Illumination/Universal’s Pets which is looking to take No. 1 again with $50M. Pets’ Friday is coming in around $15M, and by Sunday will count $202.6M.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-weekend-box-office-1201787149/

updated numbers

That's, uh, a very specific weekend number when they have a $1m range for Friday.