grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

The Friday to Friday drops for some films aren't as bad as I thought they would be especially with how the week went. Dory, LOT, CI, The Shallows all under 50% from their last Fridays. However the movie that sticks out to me is CI. Damn that film is on a run. Another 35% drop is where its headed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, parkerthegreat said:

Just frustrating. That was Pixar's chance to put up a record that would last as long as Shrek 2's. Watch Illumination pull something out of their ass and be the first animation studio to cross $500m. 

$485m is still a great number. 

1 The Secret Life of Pets $50,500,000 -52% 4,381 11 $11,527 $203,087,865 2 Universal
2 Ghostbusters (2016) $43,000,000 3,963 $10,850 $43,000,000 1 Sony / Columbia
3 The Legend of Tarzan $11,100,000 -47% 3,551 -40 $3,126 $103,030,257 3 Warner Bros.
4 Finding Dory $10,900,000 -48% 3,536 -335 $3,083 $445,364,450 5 Disney
5 Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates $7,300,000 -56% 3,008 26 $2,427 $31,123,716 2 Fox
6 The Purge: Election Year $6,000,000 -52% 2,671 390 $2,246 $70,921,660 3 Universal
7 Central Intelligence $5,100,000 -36% 2,381 -460 $2,142 $117,308,303 5 Warner Bros. / New Line
8 The Infiltrator $4,700,000 1,600 $2,938 $4,700,000 1 Broad Green Pictures
9 The BFG $3,600,000 -54% 2,182 -1210 $1,650 $47,189,611 3 Disney / DreamWorks
10 Independence Day: Resurgence $3,300,000 -58% 2,290 -771 $1,441 $98,366,443 4 Fox
11 The Shallows $2,800,000 -42% 1,695 -711 $1,652 $51,195,089 4 Sony / Columbia
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Nerve trailer has a huge amount of views. While that doesn't necessarily mean a break out of the budget is low this could be a reasonable little hit

What is the budget for it? i can't seem to find it. Although it wouldn't shock me one bit if the movie broke out somewhat. The teens live for this type of movie in the summer. 

A pretty front loaded Friday for Ghostbusters in the end. Just about better than The Heat - might lead to a 41-43M weekend unless Saturday just jumps huge. After all the controversy, the movie had pretty much unrealistic expectations of quality from both sides, it was an okay movie when it needed to be much much more due to the crazy expectations.

Good jump for Pets, will end with a second weekend higher than Minions.

Tarzan and Central Intelligence are both having pretty leggy runs. Both have a shot at 135M+. Just 4 weeks ago who here had Tarzan > Independence Day Resurgence?

• Like 3

Things I've learned today:

Anna Kendrick needs to do less films because she takes too manu and this annoys some people. I mean, why would she want to make a living, right?

Adam Devine needs to go awat because he is annoying. His face bothers some people.

Zac Efron is annoying and a hack and needs to stop taking his shirt off. This would be better for all of us. Now pass me the potato chips and who's ordering the pizza?

Pets will drop 50% every weekend and finish with 285. 

Ryan Reynolds is also annoying and only has Deadpool. Every film he makes will also bomb.

So basically I learned everyone is annoying.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Anna Kendrick needs to do less films because she takes too manu and this annoys some people. I mean, why would she want to make a living, right?

Adam Devine needs to go awat because he is annoying. His face bothers some people.

Zac Efron is annoying and a hack and needs to stop taking his shirt off. This would be better for all of us. Now pass me the potato chips and who's ordering the pizza?

Ryan Reynolds is also annoying and only has Deadpool. Every film he makes will also bomb.

That's the only one of all of the above that is definitely true. ;) Or at least keep him in supporting roles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

No one knows who Adam Devine is. He's just another actor trYong to make his way. 

When I first read your list, I read Adam Levine. And I was like yes, that twat is so annoying. But nope, never heard of Adam DeVine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

:)

• Like 2

Just now, sfran43 said:

When I first read your list, I read Adam Levine. And I was like yes, that twat is so annoying. But nope, never heard of Adam DeVine.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well I mean when was the last film made by Ryan Reynolds that wasn't Deadpool that didn't bomb. If I had to bet one way or another, Id bet his film bombs. 

Edit: Nevermind. He had Woman In Gold last year. 

I'll shut up now. 

Anna Kendrick still needs to take on better roles and not just say yes to everything. 

Okay for real I'm done now.

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1