baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Just now, James said:

I doubt 500m will happen for Dory with SS coming in 2 weeks. That has 4-quadrant blockbuster written all over it. 

Every movie will get hit but the following week Disney can start fudging with Pete's Dragon.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Every movie will get hit but the following week Disney can start fudging with Pete's Dragon.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. What are people expecting for Pete? Opening in the weekend after SS seems stupid to me. I imagine kids will force their parents to take them to SS and parents will rather choose that than stay through Pete imo. Maybe 30m OW? I really haven't followed it. 

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

giphy.gif

That scene alone got him the best actor...

I remember some article that year that sorta dissected the template that Gladiator (Best Actor) and Erin Brockovich (Best Actress) embodied: the way in which Hollywood typically portrays men and women> Man is a saintly macho man who's been wronged and looks for revenge using his power, smarts, and mental resources, and woman is a hot, sexy crusader who uses her looks to help her crusade. 

I did not agree with a lot of what the article said, but it was still a thought-provoking read...

I wish I could find it.

1 minute ago, miketheavenger said:

IMO the range for SS's OW alone is between GOTG and Deadpool's debuts. I honestly find it extremely difficult to predict, more than almost any other big movie this summer.

If it lands in that range I will truly be disappointed. It is blowing Deadpool out of the water on all fronts right now, it has a PG-13 rating and 3D. I seriously can't imagine it opening that low. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. What are people expecting for Pete? Opening in the weekend after SS seems stupid to me. I imagine kids will force their parents to take them to SS and parents will rather choose that than stay through Pete imo. Maybe 30m OW? I really haven't followed it. 

Squad ain't kid friendly, it's rated 15 here in the UK, no kids allowed

11 minutes ago, James said:

I'm expecting somewhere between 30-40M, reviews are decent and it looks much more GA-friendly than BFG.

6 minutes ago, James said:

If it lands in that range I will truly be disappointed. It is blowing Deadpool out of the water on all fronts right now, it has a PG-13 rating and 3D. I seriously can't imagine it opening that low. 

That's how it starts. The fever, the rage. :redcapes: 

7 minutes ago, James said:

Probably around $35M OW, and it legs its way to around $125M or so. I don't think SS will have a lot of kid appeal, or at least not as much as something like a Marvel movie.

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Squad ain't kid friendly, it's rated 15 here in the UK, no kids allowed

It is PG13 in the US and I bet kids thinks it looks cool. And yeah, some parents will refuse to see it, but most won't. Let's be honest - the PG-13 rating was given to a lot of disturbingly violent movies lately.

11 hours ago, Baumer said:

Gladiator and Braveheart are both incredible movies.

I can't agree more. Both soundtracks are epic and the action scenes are jaw dropping.

Besides, seeing the English getting beaten by the Scots is always a pleasure to watch. *shots fired*

• Like 6

BvS and TDKR weren't ideal for small children either.

Suicide Squad will be huge with teens though. Which will more than make up for losing the elementary school crowd.

Keep in mind, even with an R rating, Deadpool made 150 m in 4 days. Suicide Squade will have an even wider audience.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1