CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I still can't imagine what could've persuaded Spacey to do that movie. The days of The Usual Suspects and American Beauty feel so, so, so long ago.

I feel Horrible Bosses 3 would have been a better option. At least he has House of Cards. 

Spacey's involvement is probably the easy paycheck. A couple of scenes, a day or two doing VO... easy money.

"Doing it for the paycheck" is usually a bad idea and has been known to destroy careers if done often enough (Nicholas Cage).

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol wow. So SS is either Oscar worthy or one of the bigger clusterf***s ever created.

That's been the reactions though. People are either liking it a lot or not liking it at all. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Look at the bright side: It'll finish with at least $250M which will at least balance this year out a bit between the monsters and the hits that are much more limited in appeal.

WB is gonna be the mayor of 200-299 club with SS and FB.

Disney mayor of 300-400, 400-500, 500-600 :ph34r:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

There's Bats and there's Spidey and then there's everyone else. Iron Man's Downey through and through and Supes just doesn't resonate like he once did.

Agreed.

And according to this 2014 report, based on average licensing and merchandises per year, it's basically Spider-Man (by a longshot) and Batman, then everyone else.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2014/11/13/spider-man-beats-the-avengers-batman-and-superman/

#1 Spider-Man ($1.3 billion per year)

#2 Batman ($494 million per year)

#3 Avengers i.e Iron man / Captain America ($325 million per year)

#4 Superman ($277 million per year)

2 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Agreed.

And according to this 2014 report, based on average licensing and merchandises per year, it's basically Spider-Man (by a longshot) and Batman, then everyone else.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2014/11/13/spider-man-beats-the-avengers-batman-and-superman/

Yep, accurate. With The Avengers as the franchise with most potential growth. 

1 minute ago, Jordanstine said:

Agreed.

:ohmygod: