CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I don't like mocking people for that. We don't know the state of mind that they are in when they say these things. And I don't think he comes off as an asshole either. I think he sounds alarming, actually.

Alarming? He sounds mad that his scenes were cut out of the film and he's saying his scenes will show up, if he dies. That doesn't sound alarming. That sounds insensitive especially when we all know Heath Ledger the last actor to play the Joker (and he was amazing at that) passed away. He knows. We know that. So why say it? Clearly his state of mind is completely fine with all the "pranks" and jokes he's been pulling off that he thinks are funny but are rather just cringeworthy. 

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

Ethan having a CJohn-esque meltdown is probably the greatest thing I've seen on here since the Jurassic World opening weekend thread. :lol:

Punk was so cocky that Bourne would defeat Star Trek, but LUCAS BLACK ALWAYS PREVAILS IN THE END.

Spoiler

Worldwide :sadben:

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

why would he be better than any of us? he was raised by humans, it only makes sense that he would be as flawed as anyone else.

Because he's Superman. And raised by humans or not, he's still Kryptonian.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Alarming? He sounds mad that his scenes were cut out of the film and he's saying his scenes will show up, if he dies. That doesn't sound alarming. That sounds insensitive especially when we all know Heath Ledger the last actor to play the Joker (and he was amazing at that) passed away. He knows. We know that. So why say it? Clearly his state of mind is completely fine with all the "pranks" and jokes he's been pulling off that he thinks are funny but are rather just cringeworthy. 

I don't read it that way. I don't know his state of mind. I don't like judging people that talk about stuff like that. Having friends that actually killed themselves and said stuff similar, that's not the kind of stuff that people should mess with. I like his Joker for what it is in the film, and hopefully I'll see a director's cut of a film that I already like eventually. I find this kind of non-sense over what actors says on press junkets no better than TMZ gossip. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

For anyone hoping for a "Director Cut" - it's the one out in theaters

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/david-ayer-stands-by-his-cut-of-suicide-squad-a144243

“But this cut of the movie is my cut, there’s no sort of parallel universe version of the movie, the released movie is my cut. And that’s one of the toughest things about writing, shooting, and directing a film, is you end up with these orphans and you [frick]ing love them and you think they’d be amazing scenes and do these amazing things but the film is a dictatorship," Ayer said, laughing. "[It's] not a democracy, and just because something’s cool and charismatic doesn’t mean it gets to survive in the final cut. The flow of the movie is the highest master.”

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Because he's Superman. And raised by humans or not, he's still Kryptonian.

In John Byrne's take, which is hands down my favorite, what makes him the most human and "the best" of us was his upbringing. It's the ultimate immigrant story. I always thought that the human side of Clark was always more interesting than his Kryptonian side. And by human I mean that he's good BECAUSE of Pa and Ma Kent, and not DESPITE humanity and his upbringing, like it is with Snyder's take. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goffe said:

He says "maybe" when asked by young Clark if he should have let people die, that's a fitting anwser to a complicated question.

It's an absurd answer, especially given the context and (supposedly) his character. :lol: 

edit: and part of the reason I don't give the movie credit for any complexity is that the filmmakers themselves seem unconcerned by it. The way Pa Kent is portrayed and presented is entirely at odds with what he says. He's spouting Rorshacht-level sociopathy but he's clearly intended to be this thoughtful and kind person. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I don't read it that way. I don't know his state of mind. I don't like judging people that talk about stuff like that. Having friends that actually killed themselves and said stuff similar, that's not the kind of stuff that people should mess with. I like his Joker for what it is in the film, and hopefully I'll see a director's cut of a film that I already like eventually. I find this kind of non-sense over what actors says on press junkets no better than TMZ gossip. 

That's something we can agree on. It's concerning when people tear celebrities apart, people they don't know, for something they said in the internet, something that might have been taken out of context in the best-case scenario. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

For anyone hoping for a "Director Cut" - it's the one out in theaters

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/david-ayer-stands-by-his-cut-of-suicide-squad-a144243

I literally have no clue what he's trying to say here. The first sentence implies he's saying the theatrical version is his vision, and then he goes onto back that claim up by essentially admitting it's not his vision at all? Lmao. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

It's an absurd answer, especially given the context and (supposedly) his character. :lol: 

It's absurd. It's completely absurd. It's not teaching his son to protect himself from a world that it'll hurt him, it's telling him that "he doesn't owe this world a thing", just like MARTHA literally spell it out in BvS. It's a lesson that no good parent would give to his son, it's a nihilistic and self centric vision of the world. We ALL owe this world the best of us. That's what my parents taught me, that's what Pa and Ma Kent taught him and the reason he grew up to become someone that tries to put the best of his abilities to serve mankind, and not rule.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hahahahahah, Smith is certainly not a "massive draw" if he was almost beat on that poll by an actress with zero prior draw power. :lol:

The key difference is people are interested in Smith because he's Smith, and Robbie because she's playing Harley Quinn.

Deadshot is a pretty fantastic character, but he's not a draw.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is an eternal mystery to me how that film could still be inspiring passionate debates. Maybe I saw the wrong film? 

Honestly I just think it has it's typical passionate supporters, I'm more tired of how many times MOS discussion has taken over the weekend thread.

17 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm not just talking about what he said. I'm talking about his actions and behavior in general. It's all compiled to form an image of him that whether it's true or not doesn't look good, in my opinion.