CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Also, BOT s assesment of movies that feature Iron Man since Avengers is hilarious to me.

1. Iron Man 3 had a decent performance, right, cause of Avengers' goodwill.

I mean, 174m OW, 409m dom (second of 2016), 1,215B WW (second of 2016, very close to Frozen)

No biggie, decent, Frozen was a box office phenomenon but IM3 was meh,ok, don't care, whatever, should have done more.

2. Avengers : Age of Ultron was even more hilarious, the flop of 2015, that failed to open to 200m, what a disaster  !

191m OW, 459m dom (3rd), 1,4B WW (4 th !,disastrous !).

What a collossal failure that Ultron movie was, ONLY 4th WW, behind little movies like Star Wars, Jurassic World & F&F7, all little known brands of the last 39 years, that were all at their peaks ...

3. Captain American : Avengers are Getting A Divorce, the movie that had to open to 200M and do 1,4; 1,5B WW, right ?

Because it s an Avengers movie kids, don't believe the posters and your ticket sub, it s all a big conspiracy !

Civil War will probably finish 3rd dom (2nd ?) & has a chance at being 1st WW in 2016 but Civil War legs were terrible, nobody saw that movie, WOM was mediocre.

Civil War had such a mundane box office run with those turrible, hairy legs.

Meanwhile Box office runs of Zootopia, Dory & Jungle Book were amaaaaazing even if they did less Civil War Dom & WW (Dory dom excepted).

Since Avengers, there is this unwritten law at BOT that if a movie featuring Iron Man doesn't do 200m OW, 500, 600M Dom & 1,5B WW,

it s a mediocre, meh, decent, disappointing, flop performance.

Bottom Line, what I think is :  Iron Man 3, Avengers Age of Ultron & Captain America : Civil War were all box office phenomenons.

Simple.

Note : No need to reply with concepts like expectations. I know all about it.

Actually Iron Man 3 was seen as a mega hit at the time and never an ok or meh box office run. So you are making that shit up. Not gonna contest the other two. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I heard whispers all my life, many of them weren't true

This is under the category of rumours, in that case I don't mind ppl will say "there's a rumour that SS cost 400M to make and another 300M to advertise".

Well how fortunate that the quote isn't by me - someone who has no links to Hollywood, but by Devin Faraci who has plenty of sources and has broken several scoops regarding the DCEU in recent years.

The whispers you hear are irrelevent. If you choose not to believe people with proven track record of inside information because you don't like what they have to say - well that's your choice.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Wow.. What a week.. It feels so good to be off work for the next 3 days.. I opted to work 4-10 hour shifts in an effort to be off for 3 days and while that sounds easy, it's not if you've been used to working 5-8 hour shifts for like, EVER... Sorry to get off topic.. So, this movie went from 65M OD to 30M for Saturday??? :rofl: That's quite the drop folks..

36-37 for Saturday. Lets not exaggerate the drop. Although your parking lot reports hinted at this so we shouldn't have been shocked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Surprised to read in the Deadline update that TDKR dropped 41 % from Friday to Sat, puts it into perspective.

You can't possibly be serious in bringing this up as if a theater shooting didn't occur on TDKR opening day. 

• Like 1

Ok, enough arguing about the budget. Let's just assume it's 500m budget and Suicide Squad will barely make any money. Again, even with it's top grossers, WB has failed spectacularly. This studio should go bankrupt soon. Even though no other studio will field a second 200m DOM earner this year, this particular studio and franchise shows the best representation of LOSE. Let's do this again next year when two more movies from the same franchise breaks 100m OW. Meanwhile, cursory glance at Box Office Mojo of WB movies for the last decade, and you see similar budgets and much less earned. Scratches head and wonders how this studio is in business. Cursory glance of other studios, and one wonders how Hollywood is sustainable. Rolls eyes...again...

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Try telling that to the Marvel fanboys. Civil War absolutely had a 250M budget. But BvS? 300M+ for sure they are lying! Apocalypse? 234M is the real budget! SS? 250M is the budget! 

All studios lie. Disney is one of the studios that overspends all the time. Civil War, The Force Awakens and Ultron cost way more than the reported budget for sure. We should just stick to the reported budget and not bring in "real" budgets or marketing costs because we simply dont fucking know.

Maybe Disney is just better at covering its tracks but all those other instances had at least some press/industry source claiming the budgets were higher or reported a different number than what the studio provided. That's why they're constantly discussed while no one has anything to go off of for Civil War cause I've yet to see any outlet claim they went overbudget at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Surprised to read in the Deadline update that TDKR dropped 41 % from Friday to Sat, puts it into perspective.

Oh boy, let's see if it goes there again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

36-37 for Saturday. Lets not exaggerate the drop. Although your parking lot reports hinted at this so we shouldn't have been shocked. 

Congrats. We will now have parking lot reports for every big release from BKB. And you knew exactly what you were doing by saying that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

How do you know its false though? You don't. If you think companies are obligated to report their real budget then youre in for a rude awakening. Between reshoots, tax cuts etc no one knows what the real budgets for these films are except for the people on the inside. Nilephelan is man on the inside. Also other sites have hinted at it being above $175M so I don't know why you think its just Nilephelan reporting that. Before the film opened up, there were articles in the Suicide Squad thread talking about how much it cost and some of them had it between $175M-250M. 

How do you know its true? you don't.
None here can know if it was 175M, 250M, or 400M
All rumours.

And I read the main articles about SS, i'm not digging deep and I'm not overcomplexing my life
If sites like Box Office Mojo states a production number - then for me that's what it is.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Congrats. We will now have parking lot reports for every big release from BKB. And you knew exactly what you were doing by saying that.

As if you don't enjoy his parking lot reports. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Well how fortunate that the quote isn't by me - someone who has no links to Hollywood, but by Devin Faraci who has plenty of sources and has broken several scoops regarding the DCEU in recent years.

The whispers you hear are irrelevent. If you choose not to believe people with proven track record of inside information because you don't like what they have to say - well that's your choice.

Devin Faraci is pretty accurate. James Wan had a guest appearance at SDCC even though he doesn't need the DCEU and is super worried about continuing there. His response w/ a picture on Twitter of Aquaman to BMD is probably a ringing endorsement of Faraci's journalistic integrity. At least he was a nice enough guy to tell fans to refrain from retaliation.