CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The DCEU needs, like, infinitely better villains. Or at least villains that make sense. I still have no fucking clue what either Jesse or Cara's motivations were in either of these movies.

Like Marvel?;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Joke's gonna be on you in JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 when Luthor peels off his mask to reveal it's been the Joker the whole time.

OMG YES. I DIDN'T KNEW I NEEDED THIS BUT I TOTALLY DO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The DCEU needs, like, infinitely better villains. Or at least villains that make sense. I still have no fucking clue what either Jesse or Cara's motivations were in either of these movies.

Spoiler

Enchantress was pissed by the fact that humans don't worship her and her brother anymore and that Waller had been trying to control her. They practically spell this out when she awakens Incubus.

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You mean...superhero comic book films in general need infinitely better villains.

Nobody remembers or cares about a single villain (not named Loki) from a Marvel film.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

You mean...superhero movie comic books in general need infinitely better villains.

Nobody remembers or cares about a single villain (not named Loki) from a Marvel film.

Magneto? Stryker? I guess Ultron?

6 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Hide contents

Enchantress was pissed by the fact that humans don't worship her and her brother anymore and that Waller had been trying to control her. They practically spell this out when she awakens Incubus.

You need to keep up.

Yes, the film was quite clear about her motives.

However...it's more fun to jump aboard the 'bash DCEU' bandwagon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

You need to keep up.

Yes, the film was quite clear about her motives.

However...it's more fun to jump aboard the 'bash DCEU' bandwagon.

You really wanna push this Marvel vs. DC battle, don't ya.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DAJK said:

I love ya blank but I'm gunna have to disagree with you on this one. Thought the marketing was fantastic; you don't get a 65M OD if you don't have good marketing. Sure I expected there to be more Joker, but I still liked what I got, and he did what he should do in that you get a taste for what's to come.

15 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

The job of marketing isn't to be faithful to the actual movie. The job of marketing is to get butts in seats. Obviously the SS marketing was a home-run. 

I didn't call the marketing bad at all. I'm just saying the marketing is probably hurting the WOM even more than it already would be. Suicide Squad's trailers were great, but people are reasonably upset the movie they got isn't what was sold to them. Likewise I think Iron Man 3 has good marketing, it's just not accurate to the film at all.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Joke's gonna be on you in JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 when Luthor peels off his mask to reveal it's been the Joker the whole time.

That would actually be kinda awesome, I'll admit.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

"It was I who allowed the League to know the location of the Darkseid generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band of friends."

So in your version of the movie, The Joker as Luthor is emulating Darth Sidious?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Looking at the WW chart for the weekend, Ghostbusters and Trek are performing awful OS. Ghostbusters will end below 220M OS in best case scenario, and Trek might end below (and I can't even believe I am typing this) Legend of Tarzan WW gross. Trek has China to come but all other markets have not been kind to it at all. Ghostbusters has also failed to connect with audiences in most markets.

Was talking about that earlier. Trek franchise has been an unmitigated disaster OS, kind of baffling

• Like 1