CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

For anyone hoping for a "Director Cut" - it's the one out in theaters

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/david-ayer-stands-by-his-cut-of-suicide-squad-a144243

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not sure we'll get a Director's Cut for this one.

Either this is the cut the director is happy with, as he himself keeps saying, or the other rumors about his version/cut being too dark for Warner is true and Warner would be hesitant to release a cut from that version.

That's my opinion right now but either way we won't really know for a few weeks as I'm sure they've learned from BVS to not announce an extended cut too soon after quite a few people just turned around and said "I'd rather wait for the Ultimate Cut in Blu-Ray before watching it then".

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Warner Bros.' Suicide Squad is making a killing at the Friday box office, where it looks to earn at least $60 million for the day on its way to an August-best domestic debut of $140 million or more, according to early returns. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-suicide-squad-making-917376

If it only does 60 mill for Friday (which is a great OD obviously) I don't think it hits 140.  I think it can go to 65 and that would give it 140.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is an eternal mystery to me how that film could still be inspiring passionate debates. Maybe I saw the wrong film? 

It's not MoS. MoS is crap. It's Superman, he's important, he might be the most important of all the superheroes because of what he represents. One day a version will come around in film and all of this will be just like a edgy Snyderianian version of him that is reminded for being awful, just like Batman & Robin. The discussions are always about Superman, because the character is important. The movie that made an abomination version of him isn't. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Congrats to Suicide Squad....for tying Green Lantern with a 26% RT score. That's quite a feat. :bravo:

Thank God critics buy tickets.....oh wait...they don't?  Damn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm not just talking about what he said. I'm talking about his actions and behavior in general. It's all compiled to form an image of him that whether it's true or not doesn't look good, in my opinion. 

And I say that's bullshit. Being a public figure doesn't give us the right to attack the dude when he's down, especially when he's talking about what could be his own death. These aren't characters, man. They are real people. 

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Thank God critics buy tickets.....oh wait...they don't?  Damn.

From the looks of it they had to buy their owns tickets to Nine Lives. Probably explains the awful reviews. Not only did they have to sit through it but they had to pay to sit through it. Imagine the horror. 

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

And I say that's bullshit. Being a public figure doesn't give us the right to attack the dude when he's down, especially when he's talking about what could be his own death. These aren't characters, man. They are real people. 

How do you know he's down though? That's my point. You don't. It's like if I saw him act the way he does, and didn't know he was Jared Leto, I'd say the same thing. Being a public figure doesn't give you an excuse to act a certain way and if you're gonna act like a fool, famous or not, you should get called out on it. 

PS I'm not even talking about his commens

Im talking about his behavior and "method acting." 

29 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

In John Byrne's take, which is hands down my favorite, what makes him the most human and "the best" of us was his upbringing. It's the ultimate immigrant story. I always thought that the human side of Clark was always more interesting than his Kryptonian side. And by human I mean that he's good BECAUSE of Pa and Ma Kent, and not DESPITE humanity and his upbringing, like it is with Snyder's take. 

I think Donner's Superman also implied that Kal El's upbringing is what made him such a great superhero.

• Like 2

Just now, grey ghost said:

I think Donner's Superman also implied that Kal El's upbringing is what made him such a great superhero.

Yeah and I really dislike that take, that's Geoff Johns take AND Snyder's. It makes him better than us because he's an alien, not because he's one of us that came from Krypton. It makes him a Jesus Christ Savior figure pure and simple, while Byrne's take it makes his Kryptonian AND Earthling heritages both equally important. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I agree, but it wasn't the upbringing Snyder showed us.