CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

I was surprised by this. Don't get me wrong it's a terrible movie, everything is rushed and the plot is laughably bad however it is entertaining and the characters were fun to watch (except joker and that fit villain)

Jai Courteney had me laughing everytime he was onscreen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, commonsense88 said:

That cinema score is funny because I haven't met any over the age of 25 male or female that would give that film an A, I wonder if the under 25 crowd his spiking the average.

It seems like the younger crowd is digging it.  Maybe it's the over-the-top trying to be edginess?  

It just kind of beats me where some of the love is coming from because there's nothing good in the movie outside of Margot Robbie and Will Smith.

34 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

Thanks. Is Lights Out better or worse than the Conjuring2?

It's a smaller film when it comes to scale but I enjoyed the premise. I enjoyed THE CONJURING II just a little bit more.

• Like 1

Film has bad wom flixter and imdb are already trending very negative.

There will be a rush but younger audiences rush to see a film.

Attracting families and adults is what gives  films legs a d this film will not appeal to them.

Edited by Lordmandeep

7 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I couldn't agree more with your post in general, but in terms of EOT, that's just Doug Liman's style. He routinely throws out scripted third-acts and/or backs himself into a creative corner because that's the only way he feels he can organically discover what's the "right" way for each particular story. He thrives in that chaos and panic, but it can be hell on the crew and others on the creative team if they're not used to it. 

I am not arguing that in terms of movie quality it works for Doug Liman, but my post is more about how it blows up the budget.  They could have saved millions if he would be a professional and have his shit together.  

• Like 1

Honestly, its cinema score coupled with the user ratings shows its a divisive film. It seems people either love it or hate it especially on these boards, similar to how BvS was. 

For that I'm expecting a 2.3-2.5 multiplier. I don't see it getting the type of multiplier that GOTG got. But I could be wrong, of course. 

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

And we just fucking know they'll drop more than 50% next weekend :sadben: 

Maybe not. Please they need good holds next weekend :sadben: 

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Honestly, its cinema score coupled with the user ratings shows its a divisive film. It seems people either love it or hate it especially on these boards, similar to how BvS was. 

For that I'm expecting a 2.3-2.5 multiplier. I don't see it getting the type of multiplier that GOTG got. But I could be wrong, of course. 

I would sign for that multiplier range right now. It would be over Civil War... As much as I want this film can have good numbers, I do not think it will get those legs. I am more with 2.1-2.2 multiplier. I know that August releases use to have good multipliers but we had never seen a 130-140 opener in this month.

Edited by peludo