Nova

Tuesday: Suicide Squad $14.27M

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm just got say it... good riddance.   Yes, some of comments about it were exceptionally nasty, but the reactionary militant like defense of this movie by a lot of the critics, media, and posters here(who know better) attempting to smear everyone who thought it looked like garbage was more off putting.

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

pro.boxoffice.com are predicting 38.5 million for Suicide Squad this weekend.

Its only a prediction no one knows how it will go. They are predicting 30 million for Petes Dragon and Sausage Party so I'm not sure.

$38.5? Thats laughable. Thats a 71% drop. Not happening. 

Although they were the ones who predicted a $135 OW, after that $65M OD came in so who knows....who the fuck am I kidding. There is NO WAY this film is dropping 71% in the middle of summer. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Never calculated where Star Trek could end up this weekend:

1.1M Wednesday

1M Thursday

1.6M Friday

2.6M Saturday

2M Sunday

6.2M Weekend, 38% drop

giphy.gif

tumblr_mf6pw6T46B1qb10wfo4_250.gif

ROLL OUT THE MAGIC BLOOD, TIME FOR BEYOND TO BECOME ALIVE

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Although they were the ones who predicted a $135 OW, after that $65M OD came in so who knows....who the fuck am I kidding. There is NO WAY this film is dropping 71% in the middle of summer. 

Exactly it seems a bit far, I feel more comfortable in the 45-50mil region.

Note: they did get spot on with their prediction last weekend with 133m but again it's just a prediction 

Edited by exomassey

8 minutes ago, exomassey said:

pro.boxoffice.com are predicting 38.5 million for Suicide Squad this weekend.

Its only a prediction no one knows how it will go. They are predicting 30 million for Petes Dragon and Sausage Party so I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

It would suck, but I could see it happening if Peter's Dragon was betterly advertised. It seems like a great animation film. As long as it gets to $220m by the end of the weekend, I'll be happy. 

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

tumblr_mf6pw6T46B1qb10wfo4_250.gif

ROLL OUT THE MAGIC BLOOD, TIME FOR BEYOND TO BECOME ALIVE

I'm feeling bad for Beyond. If I get the chance, I'll actually go to the theaters to watch this. It'd be the first Trek film I'd watch in theaters, btw. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Do it, it's a fun movie.

I fucking hate my local movie theater. :ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod:

ba54fbdf-279e-407b-aca2-39e1122337c2GlIdaeK.jpg

Basically, this means that the SINGLE film that they have that isn't dubbed is Squad. And I love Squad, but I'm not watching in my local movie theater again, their dolby glasses are those old ones that look too dark and just doesn't fit with my glasses. Can anyone sell me a dolby 3d glasses here, btw:

dolby3dglasses2011600.jpg

I want THIS ones above, and never use this travesty below again:

100603-dolby3dglasses.jpg

:ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod::sadben:

I'm watching Squad again tomorrow or Friday btw, in a dolby 3d theaters or preferably 2d, in a different town. Not sure if I'll have time to catch Beyond there tho. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I fucking hate my local movie theater. :ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod:

ba54fbdf-279e-407b-aca2-39e1122337c2GlIdaeK.jpg

Basically, this means that the SINGLE film that they have that isn't dubbed is Squad. And I love Squad, but I'm not watching in my local movie theater again, their dolby glasses are those old ones that look too dark and just doesn't fit with my glasses. Can anyone sell me a dolby 3d glasses here, btw:

dolby3dglasses2011600.jpg

I want THIS ones above, and never use this travesty below again:

100603-dolby3dglasses.jpg

:ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod::sadben:

That sucks. How popular are subtitled versions in other theaters?

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

That sucks. How popular are subtitled versions in other theaters?

VERY. I'm stuck with simpletons and unbearable movie theater patrons tho. I'm not making the same mistake for Doctor Strange, Rogue One, Spidey and Wonder Woman tho. I'm going IMAX for those, like I did for Civil War and The Force Awakens. 

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Meanwhile Jacob Tremblay is getting ready to win his first Oscar @filmlover

13900146_937981479644806_905966265847339

I just looked up the premise of this movie (Wonder) and it sounds...questionable, at best. But go Jacob Tremblay conquering the world the same way Dakota Fanning did in the mid-2000s.

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I haven't seen ANYONE around here doing that. ANYONE. Not even BKB from all people. Fighting imaginary enemies make you people look insane. And not in a cute Suicide Squad like insane. Just sad insane, just like @Rey's extra. It's doing GREAT, and I'm a supporter of the film. Some people hate it and it's fine. That doesn't mean that they are 'TEH ENEMY SAYING THE WOM IS TOXIC', when no one is saying that. The WOM isn't toxic. Be the cool kind of weird, please. 

WOM obviously isn't toxic. It took a big drop on Saturday but has recovered nicely since. It's just a divisive film. The people that hate it really hate it.

If it continues to do well, so be it. There hasn't been much else this summer and many were looking forward to it. I just hope we get the other cut on Bluray.

• Like 1