baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So it seems like JASON BOURNE just sort of came and went, or at least, this has to be the quietest action movie with Damon that would almost rival BOURNE LEGACY it seems... So I guess the concensus on that is that maybe they should've just left well enough alone or what???

Since the studio will make about $100m or so off the film, I think they are fine with it.  

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@Nova bottom line it's not out grossing SS this weekend.

Conversation over.

You sound like a five year old who realizes that they've been proven wrong. The conversation was never ever about whether it was outgrossing SS. You were so adamant to point out that Suicide Squad was going to hold well this weekend because there is no interest in SP or PD. But because you never knew what you were talking about to begin with, youre spinning the argument into something that its not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Huh? That's not what the conversation was about?

Exactly. I have no idea when the conversation switched to that. It was always about "SP and PD having zero interest!" Because their pre-sales are "weak" and their previews won't hit $10M. Which just shows that the dude has no clue how the box office works for films that aren't based on comic books. 

• Like 1

Sausage Party is number one on Pulse right now and is at 11.2% on MT. 

PD is number 5 on Pulse and is at 5% on MT now. 

While I know PD has no previews tonight, it'll be interesting to see what both films can do this weekend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Nope. Sorry. When you're ready to follow the box office properly, come back and analyse the whole thing. Not just the part that appease you

The part that appeases me? Drop on Saturday comapred to Fri (even when you remove Thu previews), bigger drop than GotG on Sunday, bigger on Monday, bigger on Wednesday. Only Tue had a a bigger increase than GotG and that's because Tuesdays have become inherently stronger year after year. Don't tell me that I'm being selective when you're the one who has no evidence. In any case, we'll talk on Saturday AM when we know the Fri gross. I don't have to prove you wrong if I can just wait for the numbers.

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Sausage Party is number one on Pulse right now and is at 11.2% on MT. 

PD is number 5 on Pulse and is at 5% on MT now. 

While I know PD has no previews tonight, it'll be interesting to see what both films can do this weekend. 

sales are really heating up here for SP.  it's still ahead of all the comedies that have opened since Captain America, this summer.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

That 38.5 2nd weekend for SS is nothing compared to the TARZAN (56 dom) and CW (600+ dom) predictions.

Those were the Box Office Pro projections the Thursday before the second weekend for each? I honestly don't know...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Those were the Box Office Pro projections the Thursday before the second weekend for each? I honestly don't know...

Those were initial projections.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ohana said:

I have mp idea, but It's time to start a new category:

Instead of endlessly bashing DC movies with *100M blockbuster under 65% RT score* we should start investigating
bombing movies with 80%+ RT scores.

And >$300 DOM movies with scores under 60%

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good lord those predictions from SBD are awful. 52% drop for SS? 57% for Star Trek? 56% for Bourne?

Show buzz daily are a mixed bag to box office predictions. They the most outlandish domestic totals sometimes too though.