Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It crossing $100M officially puts STX in the big leagues.

Even Lionsgate never got a taste of $100M with a non-documentary until The Expendables.

Yes! I hope it continues to grow. Lionsgate just does fall these days. Stx needs more horror movies with low budgets.

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I agree that the DC vs Marvel war is ridiculous and painfully agonizing to read...but please don't be a hypocrite, baumer. You are guilty of doing it, too. You did it last weekend and this weekend, as well. 

I participated, yes.  We all have.  But it's time to put an end to it.  Wouldn't you agree.

I knew Bad Moms was gonna have great legs after seeing it on opening weekend. In addition to being a very funny movie, the best part occurs in the end credits in which the women from the movie do interviews with their real life mothers and I imagine that really has powered the WOM too. The movie actually would've been perfectly timed for a Mother's Day release (definitely much more so than that painful monstrosity that will tragically go down as Garry Marshall's final movie).

49 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

It'll come close to MOS, which did more than WS and pretty much all MCU movies. And SS wasn't even released in China, and it's breaking records OS. Deal with it. :D

Thats not a fucking excuse and you know it. It is their own fault(WB) for not getting it released in China. Fact is, this is DCCU's 3rd movie. It probably won't even pass 600 million. The DCCU is dead as a door nail. You'll see it with Wonder Woman. WW won't even gross 400 million. It'll be panned just like all other DCCU movies. 

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Thats not a fucking excuse and you know it. It is their own fault(WB) for not getting it released in China. Fact is, this is DCCU's 3rd movie. It probably won't even pass 600 million. The DCCU is dead as a door nail. You'll see it with Wonder Woman. WW won't even gross 400 million. It'll be panned just like all other DCCU movies. 

Oooof the hate is strong with this one. 

At this point Suicide Squad is more likely to pass 600M WW than not. Sub 650M is happening, tho. 

Wonder Woman will do 600M WW easily. Justice League is where the implosion is set to happen. 

So I finally saw Ghostbusters last night, like I thought could be possible, @Tele the Jet Baller is right. It's not perfect (I thought Kevin was way too juvenile) but it's definitely one of the better movies of this summer.

Sonys marketing team for that should be fired. They should have never engaged anyone. I really don't understand how they made it look that bad in the trailers either.

• Like 2

Just now, somebody85 said:

So I finally saw Ghostbusters last night, like I thought could be possible, @Tele the Jet Baller is right. It's not perfect (I thought Kevin was way too juvenile) but it's definitely one of the better movies of this summer.

Sonys marketing team for that should be fired. They should have never engaged anyone. I really don't understand how they made it look that bad in the trailers either.

Welcome to the club!

tumblr_nj08kejyUd1smcbm7o1_500.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Fun fact: Bad Moms was originally going to be a Paramount movie, and now this movie's going to gross more than every Paramount movie this year sans Star Trek.

Idk about that. I saw Florence Foster Jenkins today, and it seemed like a nearly-filled 300 seat theater. Hair was about 85% white, but medicare is doing wonders for longevity. This could be geriatric Twilight!