Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am, like, 99% sure the reason DoFP performed so well was because of bringing the old cast back and combining both casts in the same movie.

Reviews and word of mouth might have helped the legs. X3 opened to 102 to 103 and had a 1.9 off the 4 day.

Edited by superweirdo87

Just now, superweirdo87 said:

Reviews and word of mouth might have helped the legs

X3 opened to 102 to 103 and had a 1.9 off the 4 day.

Yes, WOM helped with the legs. The movie had high praise and most people seemed to have enjoyed it a lot.

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

JLAW had not much to do with DOFP doing well.

It was the old cast with likely the most popular and beloved X-men Storyline. 

I agree that she didn't matter much. But, I think the dark phoenix is probably the most popular storyline.

6 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Joy did $17M OW in DECEMBER with warm reviews. Can you explain me how that is bad? Jennifer was not added in X-men franchise with XA, she was already in the franchise two movies ago. When she gained big star power, X-men went from 146M to 233M.

61% on RT is "warm reviews"?

I have nothing against JLaw, I actually really like her and I'm certainly rooting for Passengers, but I don't see how you can deny that she's had somewhat lackluster BO run lately. 

• Like 2

Sausage Party had a surprisingly great IM. Up 11% on Saturday minus previews. Personally I'm thrilled such a subversive comedy opened this high. Superbad legged it to 120m from a similar opening. If Sausage is more frontloaded it'll still hit 100m which all but guarantees Sony will put up money for a sequel. 

Suicide didn't do anything unexpected. Pretty sure a lot of us were calling for 43-44 by last Tuesday. Guess WB can be happy the percentage points were two less than BvS. 

Pete's will be fine. I'm sure drops through Labor Day will be tiny. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

SS dropped 59% Sun-Sun.

With better Tue-Tue performance, hopefully the weekly decline Tue onwards and probably the 3rd weekend will be closer to 55% (~20m).

I am thinking it gets 20-21M next weekend, 12-14M on the following weekend and 10-12M on Labor Day weekend. Enough to get 5 weeks at the top spot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Nine Lives dropping only 44% on second weekend, great WOM. Will end up being one of the most beloved movies of this summer with a multiple over 3x.

:WHATanabe::kitschjob::jeb!::redcapes: (in that order)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I never understood the huge predictions for Pete's Dragon. I mean come on, it's a remake of Pete's Dragon, for god's sake. This isn't The Jungle Book.

I didnt either. The marketing wasnt anything special either.