WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

Suicide Squad is obviously a flop. It needed 1 billion worldwide just to break even 

There you go again with the complaining. That's the most you do. The movie's run isn't even over yet, lol.....and yet you still nag about it failing? :sick:

• Like 1

The race of #1 spot isn't even close. SS looking at ~5M clear of SP at #2 (20.5-21 vs 15-15.5).

All newcomers disappointed to some degree. KUBO the least, BEN HUR the most.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

The race of #1 spot isn't even close. SS looking at ~5M clear of SP at #2 (20.5-21 vs 15-15.5).

All newcomers disappointed to some degree. KUBO the least, BEN HUR the most.

Yeah,SS is taking care of business.

I see the Foreign boxoffice is above 300 I believe it's gonna have a 360-375 finish.

That's almost identical to Man of Steel foreign take and it's missing one huge market.

18 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

I'm so happy Kubo is underperfoming. Fuck it all original movie. We need more sequels, reboots and great remakes like Finding Dory. 

#IronyIsHere

I am sad. Very sad.

So an original kind of slow, kind of forgettable movie should be doing 400 million because it's original?

5 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

So an original kind of slow, kind of forgettable movie should be doing 400 million because it's original?

Where I said that? Are you crazy? Let me explain to you: 12M OW is too low. My point is people complain about these numbers of sequels and lack of originality but rarely give a chance to an original movie. 

• Like 2

It s like people bitching about superhero movies are funny.

Do they really want the return of the buddy cop movie with mullet haircuts to dominate the multiplexes once again ?

Pick you disease wisely then.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Do they really want the return of the buddy cop movie with mullet haircuts to dominate the multiplexes once again ?

Um, yes. 

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Or angsty YA adapatations

24 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Huh? Name a time when 49304930439043 buddy cop movies were released/year and ended up squeezing smaller movies out of the theaters and onto TV. Those buddy cop movies were released in the '80s and early '90s when studios threw big bucks at great filmmakers or at least let them do whatever they wanted for less money. There way more creativity and variety in theaters. 

Edited by La Binoche

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

I'm so happy Kubo is underperfoming. Fuck it all original movie. We need more sequels, reboots and great remakes like Finding Dory. 

#IronyIsHere

I am sad. Very sad.

What do you have to say about DP2 B)