WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

6 hours ago, #ED said:

Just wanted to make note of something,

Suicide Squad is the #1 movie in the world right now.

Suicide Squad soundtrack #1 on Billboard Top 100 Albums

BvS has been the #1 Blu Ray in the U.S. For 4 weeks straight.

First two films to get two hundred negative reviews on rotten tomatoes in its history.

That's the only great achievement of these films  as those stats  were achieved with no competition

Try harder fail post...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

KUBO being the great one. It's a rare thing every summer and yet it just gets ignored. Sad.

It's far from great.  IMO, it's very forgettable.

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

First two films to get two hundred negative reviews on rotten tomatoes in its history.

That's the only great achievement of these films  as those stats  were achieved with no competition

Try harder fail post...

And yet the numbers dictate otherwise.  Why are you bringing reviews up again?  This is what the films are making, we're past the reviews. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

And yet the numbers dictate otherwise.  Why are you bringing reviews up again?  This is what the films are making, we're past the reviews. 

Do you even know who you replied to? lol #usualsuspect

• Like 6

If BvS and SS are failures financially too , doesn't that make almost most Marvel movies a financial failure as well? Comparing the budget with the gross , if SS needs something between 700-800 just to break even then all Marvel movies ,excluding the 1b gross, barely broke even or lost a lot of money. Even the X-men franchise would be a financial failure as well .....   so which is it exactly?

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I respect your opinion.

I respect yours too. And we all have our opinions. If it worked for u I understand why. I'm glad u liked it. It's probably the best animated film I have seen this year. But I just didn't love it. But I'd still give it around a 7 out of 10.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

If BvS and SS are failures financially too , doesn't that make almost most Marvel movies a financial failure as well? Comparing the budget with the gross , if SS needs something between 700-800 just to break even then all Marvel movies ,excluding the 1b gross, barely broke even or lost a lot of many. Even the X-men franchise would be a financial failure as well .....   so which is it exactly?

A lot of Marvels films are profitable in the long run through their sequels, home video and general merchandise. Its about building a franchise which has made them so successful not single box office returns. If DCU cannot start delivering quality then the sequels/franchise will likely suffer further down the line. Matter of fact I don't see either Wonder Women or Justice League reaching the heights of these first films in the universe.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Comparing the budget with the gross , if SS needs something between 700-800 just to break even....

The only reason why anyone would think SS needs $750 to $800 million to break even is because the rumor is the budget for the the film wasn't $175 million but $250 million. If the budget was indeed only $175 million then financially speaking SS will definitely be a hit. BvS was only considered a financial failure because the studio was looking for the movie to do far more than barely break even.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

Where do you find weekly Bluray sales numbers?

TheNumbers.com doesn't update for shit lol

It's possible to guess for yourself just going by NPD announcements. That's what the numbers does.

Edited by cannastop

35 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

A lot of Marvels films are profitable in the long run through their sequels, home video and general merchandise. Its about building a franchise which has made them so successful not single box office returns. If DCU cannot start delivering quality then the sequels/franchise will likely suffer further down the line. Matter of fact I don't see either Wonder Women or Justice League reaching the heights of these first films in the universe.

35 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

The only reason why anyone would think SS needs $750 to $800 million to break even is because the rumor is the budget for the the film wasn't $175 million but $250 million. If the budget was indeed only $175 million then financially speaking SS will definitely be a hit. BvS was only considered a financial failure because the studio was looking for the movie to do far more than barely break even.

So basically , what I get from both of you is that all this talk about financial failure is bullshit , because it's either relying on a rumor or over how it made compared to other movies in the genre, which still makes it successful anyways , just not as successful as some would have loved it to be.

Seriously , it's funny. All this talk is just exaggeration on top of  exaggeration. When I was looking at the MCU movies gross using the same criteria used with DCU movies , I found out that they had to lose in many movies just to make a couple of profitable ones. Why did they even bother making more?

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 1