WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

16 minutes ago, ThatOneWardog said:

Omg imagine if the Ben-Hur number is like 100k.  Imagine the fucking meltdowns :lol: 

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

RT Audience Scores:

Ben Hur: 59%

Kubo: 83%

War Dogs: 78%

That WOM won't be pretty for Ben Hur :jeb!: 

22 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Lol...Audience Score starting below 60% before OD is done.

:sadben:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Same. also, Boo that Kubo number. That better jump today.

The Kubo number is fine if not good.  From the Deadline article linked above, Boxtrolls did 270k to open at 17.3M OW and Planes 2 did 450k for a 17.5M OW... and if it's true that Kubo only showed at 6pm, it could be looking at those numbers or better.

Even if Kubo opened at 17.5M, it would still be Laika's highest opener ever.  Kubo will be like anything else Laika makes and be all about the legs.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Spectre said:

The Kubo number is fine if not good.  From the Deadline article linked above, Boxtrolls did 270k to open at 17.3M OW and Planes 2 did 450k for a 17.5M OW... and if it's true that Kubo only showed at 6pm, it could be looking at those numbers or better.

Even if Kubo opened at 17.5M, it would still be Laika's highest opener ever.  Kubo will be like anything else Laika makes and be all about the legs.

That doesn't mean I don't want higher numbers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Planes 2 skewed very young and Boxtrolls was late Sept with schools full in so it could also come in under both

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Mike & Dave: $1.6m / 16.6m
Sausage: $3.3/ $34.3

Using the $1.25m preview- with the same w/e multipliers - $13m War Dogs ($12.99 and $12.96)

I think War Dogs will score higher than that since it skews an older crowd than both those movies.

• Like 1

That is very good for Kubo. Expecting around 18-19M which is much better than what I anticipated.

Meh for War Dogs. If it follows M&D and SP it will open around 13M which is awful.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

That is very good for Kubo. Expecting around 18-19M which is much better than what I anticipated.

Meh for War Dogs. If it follows M&D and SP it will open around 13M which is awful.

Doubt if Kubo will go that high considering the previews were on a summer Thu.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Doubt if Kubo will go that high considering the previews were on a summer Thu.

We are past mid August. Most schools already started. I think it might be the biggest Laika opener yet. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

We are past mid August. Most schools already started. I think it might be the biggest Laika opener yet. 

Nope, the northeast isn't going back until after Labor Day. In my state all universities and remaining public schools go back Monday tho

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

If you look at weekdays of the other movies, they are still behaving like summer.

For eg SS beating BVS's Thu 3.57 vs 2.7 only due to Summer. Weekend will go to BVS 23.3 vs 20-21.

Schools have started but it's not like Sept yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

According to Deadline more than 57% of schools are still out and the Northeast with the densest population in the US are out until after Labor Day

• Like 1