WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

The selling streaming rights to netflix in Europe thing but forcing people in the US to buy their service is already pissing off a lot of Trek fans.  They'll probably pay, but if it's not good, I'm not sure how long the fans will continue to fork out the cash.

• Like 1

Thanks @Tele the Jet Baller

I jump on for a moment to catch up and my head spun at some of the stuff that is being tossed around as fact.... *sigh*

Anyone who thinks that STB is going to sink the franchise obviously hasn't followed Paramount's internal issues as well as the franchise's history the current movie series is fine enough for another film or maybe 2 if Paramount isn't able to get some new franchises going.

Not going to touch the other stuff lol

making this box office relevant.... Most of the Overseas releases this summer are messed up with the Olympics as they are every 4 years. (Same with the Euro Cup) Some out lying countries like Japan always have weird releases but yeah - nobody wanted to compete with the Olympics in some countries (Particularly Brazil.)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

And yet the numbers dictate otherwise.  Why are you bringing reviews up again?  This is what the films are making, we're past the reviews. 

A lot of crappy films made money, it means nothing to the quality of the film. 

Its a rather childish excuse to say a film is good. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Moderation: 

Okay, the dead horse has been beaten further, and the thread's likewise been derailed. Further comments about SS's budget and profitability will result in a forum suspension for the rest of the weekend. Let's move on.

I'm addressing this to everyone, but particularly @Haley Ross

Mods defend DC medicority 

• Like 3

Just now, cannastop said:

Are you for real now?

Such bans are not required for other films in weekend threads when we routinely go off topic sometimes led by the mods themselves. 

Its just laughable now 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

In a perfect world, we'd currently be having massive wars over Sausage Party vs. War Dogs, Magnificent Seven vs. Deepwater Horizon, Light Between Oceans vs. Sully vs. Snowden, or Girl on the Train vs. Accountant.

But of course, it's Bvs vs. CW, Deadpool vs. SS, etc.  I love superhero movies, I really do.  But when it gets spammed with arguments every day then it makes me turn against the things I like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Do you guys want people posting less/not donating to keep this place going? Food for thought for the times you go off on repeated negative commentary when there obviously isn't a rule on repeated positive commentary.

We made repeated announcements last week.

Just now, Tele the Jet Baller said:

We made repeated announcements last week.

I get it but come on man, it's a box office forum. It shouldn't be a rule to dislike something, just seems silly in a vacuum when guys like BKB & Kal have free reign to pump a movie (&/or topic) to very little limits because they are insanely positive lol.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I get it but come on man, it's a box office forum. It shouldn't be a rule to dislike something, just seems silly in a vacuum when guys like BKB & Kal have free reign to pump a movie (&/or topic) to very little limits because they are insanely positive lol.

I'd rather have unrealistically positive people than endless bickering and well poisoning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatOneWardog said:

I'd rather have unrealistically positive people than endless bickering and well poisoning.

How does that first part not lead to the second part of what you wrote? I guess that depends on how you view things.

Edited by GiantCALBears

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How does that first part not lead to the second part of what you wrote? I guess that depends on how you view things.

Wait, there are still people who take what BKB says seriously?

• Like 1

Kubo was ok/good. Was really digging the first half, but the 2nd half had too many twists that brought it down a bit. It's something different from the normal animation fare, and it's worth a watch, but a slightly disappointed I didn't love the last half as much as the first.