Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

And the next time we see Jane Levy will be in this modern instant classic

:depp::bourne::apocalypse::sadben::ohmygod::ohmyzod:(I've been looking forward to seeing her career take off during Suburgatory and every time I see this I feel it's a step back.)

Edited by Rman823

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Ice Age was boring 5 years ago. Surely they can't face IA6 going sub 50m. That hurts still as how much profit they actually make in China. This should end now. Ice Age 6 would be even more meltdown. Oh wait.

This isn't Paramount.  They have better places to put the money and a good track record with other films.

I just don't get the posts that compare Don't Breathe's opening with Suicide Squad's 4th weekend as though where SS is a month in has any real bearing on DB's earning potential.  DB is a horror film with a different audience.  Horror tends to last it out rather than opening high.  20-25m opening for the kind of film DB is... well it's not bad at all!

Since DB's listed budget is 9.9m and it's already slated to make twice that on its opening weekend, there's no chance it won't make money and if it hits the 45m-60m range, it'll be a pretty big success.

Horror in general has such a good return on investment.  You'd think it'd lose some steam, but the genre continues to put out lots of low budget successes that get overlooked because they don't pull blockbuster numbers.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Watching THIRTEEN DAYS on Nat Geo. Damn, this movie is so great and so under-appreciated.

This led me to do some googling, and there are actually movies titled

13 seconds

13 minutes

13 hours

13 days

13 months, and 

The 13th year

Now for someone to make 13 decades and Tele's Biography 13 Centuries

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@NuTella Lover of Sky Beams says it has the best action scene of summer and loved the movie

Meh, it had 2 cool scenes but that's about it. Nothing noteworthy other than "action scene of the week".

Although I'm glad you liked it @NuTella Lover of Sky Beams :) edit: wait, maybe you didn't... I guess I have to catch up on these threads...

Edited by DAJK

Don't know if it's pointed out but 10 300+ films of the year is looking very real.

SS will be the 8th one. Moana probably 9th and RO 10th. Some BOTers have Sing in there too.

But either way, 10 is more likely than not.

Also SLOP was the 5th film this year to cross 350. We will have at least 6 with RO.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

This led me to do some googling, and there are actually movies titled

13 seconds

13 minutes

13 hours

13 days

13 months, and 

The 13th year

Now for someone to make 13 decades and Tele's Biography 13 Centuries

Don't forget 13th floor. Probably where Tele was born