Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

You know I might change my domestic total projection for Don't Breathe to $70 million or better. Either way the film costs near $10 million and the way horror films have done amazing this year! This has been the biggest year for horror since 2013! There will be at least 6 films made over $50 million this year. 2015 only had 2. 2014 had 4(if Dracula Untold counts) 2013 had 5. 2012 had 3. 2011 had 1. 2010 had 2. 2009 had 4.             Blair Witch will make $40 million domestic total. Ouija 2 will make $30 million domestic total, unless Universal uses great marketing techniques. But Ouija had bad word of mouth, and horror sequels are 50/50 for every Purge:Anarchy there's a Sinster 2. That Sony one I keep on forgetting its name with Bella Thorne could do Krampus numbers at best. 

I love how the articles are completely ignoring Suicide Squad's worldwide numbers ( without China ), but at the same trying they focus on how Don't Breath managed to make double of SS's numbers for this weekend. :)

I guess it was so hard hating SS for almost 1 entire month, and now they don't have anything else to talk about SS. It's quite funny. lol

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I love how the articles are completely ignoring Suicide Squad's worldwide numbers ( without China ), but at the same trying they focus on how Don't Breath managed to make double of SS's numbers for this weekend. :)

I guess it was so hard hating SS for almost 1 entire month, and now they don't have anything else to talk about SS. It's quite funny. lol

Well SS can share the Spotlight with DB. It's OW numbers are good for a horror film this time of year. It's impressive.

• Like 3

So 282 for SS with labor day next weekend.   Even with 50% drops over the next 3 weekends that gives it another 10 Million.  So it's over MOS is lock.   You add in weekdays and that 2.3x is looking good.  Very strong for "Don't Breathe" considering it's budget and timeframe it's dropping.   Everything else held pretty average this weekend.  Again summer is definitely over.   "War Dogs" and "Ben Hur" just aren't catching any breaks domestically.  "Bourne, Trek , Pets and Dory" are all have pretty good late holds.  Also congrats to Will Smith on your 5th 500 million Global Blockbuster:

1 Independence Day Fox $817.4 $306.2 37.5% $511.2 62.5% 1996
2 Suicide Squad WB $636.0 $282.9 44.5% $353.1 55.5% 2016
3 Hancock Sony $624.4 $227.9 36.5% $396.4 63.5% 2008
4 MIB 3 Sony $624.0 $179.0 28.7% $445.0 71.3% 2012
5 Men in Black Sony $589.4 $250.7 42.5% $338.7 57.5% 1997

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

and some people do still not get why some people call the media BIASED

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

While I agree with u.....I think we're trying to move past all this now. LMD is gone for a while and it's peaceful right now. Let it go @Cochofles

Haley Ross is close to BKB and LDM levels right now. And since i just was banned for 2 weeks. I am happy to see SS is doing amazing business freakin 635 million toxic WOM is so DEAD. WOM is GREAT i will say with holds all over the world like that and without China its even more impressive

• Like 1

Saw Trek again Saturday night, and I was startled to see the theater 75% full. Plus, they were into it. Loud laughter at most of the jokes, cheering, etc. Was really a fun crowd. Have the Trek movies historically had good legs?

• Like 3