Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Best TV show based on a movie. Go.

Hide contents

You don't need to go. The answer will always be M*A*S*H*

Fargo actually turned out way better than anyone could have expected. Not having to clarify that you are talking about the TV Show is when you know a TV show based on a movie is actually good.

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

Fargo actually turned out way better than anyone could have expected. Not having to clarify that you are talking about the TV Show is when you know a TV show based on a movie is actually good.

Haven't seen Fargo season 2 yet

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The opposite is also true, like when someone says "Mission Impossible" now, the first thing that comes to mind is Tom Cruise/Ethan Hunt and not Jim Phelps.

What about Parenthood? I know a bunch of people who loved it and had no idea about the movie but to me the movie was a classic growing up. 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Dr. Ken got renewed for Season 2, and Last Man Standing is reaching Season 6. You never know which show will make it before the show airs. Although I would lay bets on Imaginary Mary and Lethal Weapon not making it too far into the season.

High-concept comedies rarely make it. I do hope The Good Place makes it the whole season though. That I believe has the potential to be really funny and Michael Schur is behind it so I have some faith in it.

Based on how much I like the Goldbergs, I'll give Imaginary Mary a chance. Often times it takes a few episodes for a comedy to really become good.

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Best TV show based on a movie. Go.

Reveal hidden contents

even-saying-her-name-gives-us-chills.gif

And pssh, Baumer its totally on topic. 

tumblr_lln90ab1aj1qaowel.gif?w=480&h=480

buffybbdrunk.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

giphy.gif

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

High-concept comedies rarely make it. I do hope The Good Place makes it the whole season though. That I believe has the potential to be really funny and Michael Schur is behind it so I have some faith in it.

Based on how much I like the Goldbergs, I'll give Imaginary Mary a chance. Often times it takes a few episodes for a comedy to really become good.

The Good Place is one of the only new tv comedies I'm actually looking forward to. Most of the rest look so generic. 

Edited by Rman823

• Community Manager
14 minutes ago, DAR said:

Plus I don't think either side is out of ideas per se.  It just takes effort to find the good stuff.

While we're discussing how TV is out of ideas, we've also discussed Imaginary Mary (a rather original show) and The Great Indoors (which is original in the sense that it wasn't a brand, but I'm sure there's been workplace comedies about generational divides before). We haven't brought up Son of Zorn. I did just bring up The Good Place but whatevs.  You also have dramas like Pitch (first female professional baseball player), This is Us (okay it's kinda like Parenthood but with a great hook/twist), Bull (albeit based on a real life story), and I guess Designated Survivor.

I'm not saying these are "good". Hilariously, the real theme of this TV season is probably time travel. I'm sure @Blankments is looking forward to Making History though.

Well, if WB and Tele are talking TV, they outrank me, so go ahead and talk the boob tube.  I think this should be for the box office but that's just me.

GOAT:

Six Million Dollar Man

Walking Dead

Seinfeld

Cheers

Friends

Dallas

Dukes of Hazard

I love Lucy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Well, if WB and Tele are talking TV, they outrank me, so go ahead and talk the boob tube.  I think this should be for the box office but that's just me

Eh, WB outranks me but I think TV talk is okay as long as movie/number discussion is sprinkled in. 

Speaking of which, everyone should go see MECHANIC 2. 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Well, if WB and Tele are talking TV, they outrank me, so go ahead and talk the boob tube.  I think this should be for the box office but that's just me.

GOAT:

Six Million Dollar Man

Walking Dead

Seinfeld

Cheers

Friends

Dallas

Dukes of Hazard

I love Lucy

I was going to see if there was a moving coming out this week I wanted to see. I might catch Southside With You but not sure I want to spend the money to see it. All the other openers I don't care about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Ooops, I must have clicked into the wrong section, I meant to go into the box-office section of the site and not the tv show section, my bad. 

Tv is better than movies nowadays.

• Like 1

FWIT, I thought Don't Breathe was very well done, well directed, tense, well acted and a critical darling and will probably connect well with its target audience.

But it didn't really connect with me.  I found it to be just a little too reliant on the suspension of disbelief and a lot of the decisions of the main characters were pretty stupid, even for a horror movie.  I won't see it again.