Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

7 minutes ago, trifle said:

I want Beyond to get a sequel.  I think it was the better movie, although I thought both were fun.  It came out at a bad time and had incompetent marketing, so Paramount has only itself to blame, and I don't think we should have to suffer for it.

But I'd watch a Bourne sequel, too, if and only if it were Matt Damon.

I agree that Beyond was the better movie - in fact, it's the only movie out of the three reboots that I think beats some of the more "reasonable" original Trek movies, such as Insurrection and Generations. I think Lin could make a great fourth movie if he was in on it from the start; there's nothing wrong with his direction technique, he just needs to let the story breathe. It's just a bloody shame that the abysmal performance of Beyond might mean we won't get one. I haven't heard a single word about NuTrek 4 since Beyond opened. Stone dead radio silence.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trifle said:

Seriously? I couldn't find it near me. Disney had them all locked up.  Well, damn.

Beyond got IMAX everywhere. Not sure where you checked but Beyond got an early IMAX release on Wednesday and kept IMAX for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

Ahh just seen it. It's more the distant cousin of the MCU. Although I kinda wouldn't mind to still see Sam Elliott as Ross. 

Right family, wrong family member.

Spoiler

Image result for the incredible hulk tim blake nelson

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Right family, wrong family member.

Reveal hidden contents

Tim Blake Nelson has now been a scientist who was supposed to have a bigger role in the sequel of a superhero franchise twice now.

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Beyond got IMAX everywhere. Not sure where you checked but Beyond got an early IMAX release on Wednesday and kept IMAX for 2 weeks.

I checked the two nearest me, and they both had Disney movies.  Rats. I went back to see it in 3D but I would have gone IMAX if I'd known. I'd have had to drive a while though.

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Literally just saw that TIH was on USA after I seen Hulk was on SYFY and assumed it was the movie you were talking about. My bad. 

Moral of the story is that the less liked Marvel universe movies are everywhere on TV right now

• Like 2