efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

24 minutes ago, Chewy said:

ok you got me curious so i looked it up and all she did was a couple mother/daughter dramedies and a zoolander cameo between the first two Star Wars movies. That's rough

I think she was in college and did few films at that time other than SW by choice

• Like 1

Maybe Portman needs a comedy like The Heat or a adult blockbuster like The Martian or Gravity rather than another superhero film or Oscar bait. She does comedy well so I think pair her with someone like Paul Feig and you're on a winner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Maybe Portman needs a comedy like The Heat or a adult blockbuster like The Martian or Gravity rather than another superhero film or Oscar bait. She does comedy well so I think pair her with someone like Paul Feig and you're on a winner. 

Feel like almost every actor would love to star in an adult blockbuster like that but it's nearly impossible to get those funded

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

I'm actually super interested in Jackie. I just assumed it would be like a dry BBC prestige picture, but the reviews make it seem way deeper than that, like it's almost avant-garde or something. 

The one clip they released looks really good. Portman captures her accent pretty well.

4 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm actually super interested in Jackie. I just assumed it would be like a dry BBC prestige picture, but the reviews make it seem way deeper than that, like it's almost avant-garde or something. 

if you haven't seen any pablo larrain features do check out NO. i knew when he i found out he was doing the film it wasn't gonna be some tom hooper type thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised Portman hasn't done any theatre yet. I'm sure she would sell tickets if she starred in a classic play. 

not everyone is a natural fit for it. julianne moore you'd think would be great but has only done broadway once and got shitty notices for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

not everyone is a natural fit for it. julianne moore you'd think would be great but has only done broadway once and got shitty notices for it.

It didn't help the play itself wasn't great. I suppose many actors like Cruise or Depp avoid theatre since it's live and so you cannot afford to make mistakes. 

I'd love to see Matt Damon do a play, he hasn't appeared on stage since 2002!

15 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Anytime I think of Portman's career post TPM and pre AOTC I think of that movie where her boyfriend leaves her in Walmart while she's pregnant and she secretly lives there during the night.

Well that's one of the two movies she made in that period

There's also a movie where Susan Sarandon's her mom

4 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Not saying all theater actors are flaming hams but Natalie Portman is a pretty restrained actress. I guess that style of acting doesn't always work on stage. 

Whereas ham always translates to screen

Don't reply to this with any shitty takes I don't want to hear them