efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Accountant 24.7M, Kevin Hart 11.9M, GOTT 11.9M, Peregrine 8.9M

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Joneses will open to around the same as Masterminds.

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm fully expecting a Masterminds-style opening for Keeping Up with the Joneses at this point.

That's what I've been expecting for a long ass time :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Wait so Accountant did same Thursday numbers as Girl on Train, but looks like it will only hit low 20s. What happened? One would assume Girl on Train would be a hugely front loaded. But it seems The Accountant is more frontloaded? Confused.

I take early Deadline numbers with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Will this finish as the worst Fall season on record since 2001?

It's at $535m and all that's left is:

The Accountant
Kevin Hart What Now
Max Steel

Boo! A Madea Halloween
Jack Reacher Never Go Back
Keeping Up With the Joneses
Ouija: Origin of Evil

Inferno

The Accountant: $95 million

Kevin Hart: $35 million 

Max Steel: $5 million 

Boo! A Madea Halloween: $55 million 

Jack Reacher - Never Go Back: $60 million

Keeping Up With the Joneses: $15 million

Ouija - Origin of Evil: $35 million

Inferno: $90 million

$390 million DOM + $535 million DOM = $925 million DOM

Plus, that doesn't include Sept holdovers or GotT (add in $100-110 million DOM).

$1 billion+ will probably happen. It will be much weaker than recent years, but on par with 2010. 

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Nevermind found some but Deadline is usually not a reliable source most of the time. http://deadline.com/2016/10/weekend-box-office-the-accountant-kevin-hart-what-now-girl-on-the-train-1201836388/

Well, I'm going to believe it about The Accountant, because that is precisely what I predicted (over $20M to low-mid$20s) and I can feel smart at least until the real numbers come in.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Kevin Hart: What Now? has a budget of $9.9m, seems a lot for a stand up film but it'll easily make that back. 

It"ll make it back its opening weekend. It make north of $30 million domestic. Thats not a bad profit for Universal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Kevin Hart: What Now? has a budget of $9.9m, seems a lot for a stand up film but it'll easily make that back. 

9.9M was all spent on a lengthy James Bond spoof at the beginning with Hart, Berry and Cheadle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Well, I'm going to believe it about The Accountant, because that is precisely what I predicted (over $20M to low-mid$20s) and I can feel smart at least until the real numbers come in.

Either way a north of $20 million start isn't bad. It's budget is at $44 million word of mouth isn't too bad. It could hold fine and make $80 million domestic and do $155 million or so worldwide( a estimated guess) the film is a hit for WB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The Accountant is actually looking to open pretty well for an October release with mediocre reviews and a star who has always had an inconsistent track record at the box office. Before I would've thought no more than The Judge numbers.

It is a good sign for Live by Night too if that gets good reviews and a few big Oscar noms.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is a good sign for Live by Night too if that gets good reviews and a few big Oscar noms.

I think Warner Bros are confident that Live by Night will hit big since it's getting a limited release at Christmas and a wide January release. 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I get the feeling Live By Night will be well received but not really a major contender at the Oscars. But that should still mean solid numbers at least when it goes wide.

I think it's in the running for techs only, tbh. Although the Supporting categories are pretty open at the moment and Affleck's first three movies all scored an acting nom so maybe it has a contender there.