kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

I have never felt 'I wish people had something mildly better to occupy their time with' than the fury over this movie based on a few soundbites and no official view, trailer, still, or anything, sprinkled with sexism.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 7

I understand that this isn't the place to talk about Zegler's personality and other similar issues, and I wholeheartedly agree with that (which is why I have not given my opinion on the topic), but isn't this a box office forum after all? I see no problems in people predicting this one to flop and giving in depths of the reasons why it might flop.

This discouse about bringing "negativity" on the the board etc. feels really far fetched to me.

We are supposed to talk about numbers here, yet apparently it's not ok to point out that Disney is very late in the promotion/marketing campaign of this one in day to day comparisons vs every other live action remake. 

7 months from release date and we have not gotten a promotional still out yet, let alone a teaser trailer, which is not the way the marketing usually goes for these live actions.

Does this mean that they are intentionally undermining it? Maybe, why not? Pheraps they just want to spare money on something that they believe will be an economical loss.  Does this mean that Disney is broke and doesn't have the money to promote the film? No way, nobody is implying this. 

I just don't get why some people here are triggered when it's facts that we are talking about. As it stands, this is the only live action remake that has not had a teaser or a promotional image released at the 7 months before release mark. There surely is a reason for that, and only the disney HQ knows it.  Everything else is just opinions, each one as valid as the next one. 

Edited by ThePrinceIsOnFire
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Yeah I wonder why Disney hasn't released anything when their stars are unavailable to promote the trailers and posters. Sure is a mystery.

Zegler statements sort of is destroying all the built up goodwill the film has.

Which is a remake of a classic. When the main star says the original was bad toxic and etc, you sort of push a lot of unecessary negativity on the film. 

The film has a very negative aura around it, and it will make it harder on marketing to overcome it.

Edited by Torontofan

32 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Which is a remake of a classic. When the main star says the original was bad toxic and etc, you sort of push a lot of unecessary negativity on the film. 

The film has a very negative aura around it, and it will make it harder on marketing to overcome it.

It's another Disney live action remake so the negative aura is included at this point.  Halle Bailey didn't say a peep about TLM and that didn't stop TONS of negativity surrounding that movie, did it?

She isn't responsible for that leaked set photo that everyone hates and talked about and made a zillion youtube videos about is she?

Stop blaming her before anyone sees a second of the film.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's another Disney live action remake so the negative aura is included at this point.  Halle Bailey didn't say a peep about TLM and that didn't stop TONS of negativity surrounding that movie, did it?

She isn't responsible for that leaked set photo that everyone hates and talked about and made a zillion youtube videos about is she?

Stop blaming her before anyone sees a second of the film.  

There is a big difference people hated on TLM for racism and the main star seemed she put all her effort to make a good film

The star for Snow white is literally going around on social media and interviews disparaging the original film and saying we doing something different. Which is the only reason  this film has a chance to be a hit. Without the Goodwill of the original this wouldnt make a 100 million domestic. 

This is nothing to do with sexism and racism, this just bad publicity lol

Edited by Torontofan

1 minute ago, Torontofan said:

There is a big difference people hated on TLM for racism and the main star seemed she put all her effort to make a good fil,.

The star for Snow white is literally going around on social media and interviews disparaging the original film.

its quite different. 

Answer me this, would people still be complaining about Show White if Zegler hadn't said anything at all?

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Answer me this, would people still be complaining about Show White if Zegler hadn't said anything at all?

Likely would but not as much...

key to controversey is keep it limited to crazies. Once it goes mainstream then it burns. 

Only crazies would hate a new Mermaid movie for having a black lead. 

Having the main star of snow white disparage the original film and lose goodwill from it seem dumb from a marketing pov. 

They should do is stop Ziegler from talking and let the trailers do the marketing lol 

Edited by Torontofan

Just now, Torontofan said:

Likely would

okay then, seems like the conversation is over!

1 minute ago, Torontofan said:

key to controversey is keep it limited to crazies. Once it goes mainstream then it burns. 

How much of the general public do you honestly think has seen or heard what she said?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

Nobody besides 90 year olds care about the original.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

50 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

There is a big difference people hated on TLM for racism and the main star seemed she put all her effort to make a good film

The star for Snow white is literally going around on social media and interviews disparaging the original film and saying we doing something different. Which is the only reason  this film has a chance to be a hit. Without the Goodwill of the original this wouldnt make a 100 million domestic. 

This is nothing to do with sexism and racism, this just bad publicity lol

She's literally going around saying this? Where? That one red carpet interview? C'mon. What a crock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

nobody would care about this film if it wasnt named snow white either 

Like disney is cashing in on the name and good will and looking at Disney remakes, the ones that are most similar to the original have done the best.

TLK and Beauty and the Beast, Aladain. 

Edited by Torontofan

Zegler Snow White would have gotten outrage no matter what. Studio knows it,actress know it but for some reason they thought this was a great idea to go this route with promotion.

We all have opinions on whether what she said was dumb or not that dumb but what I think is trying to be elaborated here is whatever she said regarding the movie is just not smart PR wise. 

The movie already has tough hill to climb and more fire really doesn't  needed to be added . Are they trying to sabotage their own project. 

Actors during promotion even when there in shitty projects try to phone it in and say it was great working on it and say something good and you don't see them leveling criticism or saying negatives on it at that moment.

1937 snow white has it issues and was a product of it's time .

General audience doesn't care about this cringe things we are criticizing it for. Some just enjoyed for the movie it was and definitely has it's fans out there.

Sure you maybe have some negatives and thinks it had issues and cool you said in one interview ok that's fine.

But she has thrown shade on the original 2 ocassions already?? 

Just bizzare way to start promotion  when it's barely began. Just bad PR from Zegler Disney and team.

You have new take you want to approach on the film then just talk about that. The whole 1937 Snowwhite takedown wasn't needed and it just to make it worse she says it in every interview  which just may come off às disrespectful  to some even though her intention maybe just giving off her opinion.

We may have clear intentions but if we communicate it poorly we maybe misunderstood.

She clearly had her opinion but the way she expressed it and at the time she expressed it was just  not good.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Don't know how this stops it from being a classic.  Your statement is also a tad bit hyperbolic , it still has it fans .

You think it stopped being watched in 1937 when it was released or something . The movie is 85 years old 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

TLK and Beauty and the Beast, Aladain. 

The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast were a license to print money. Only a handful of those exist.

Conversely, I'd argue the best pound-for-pound box office performer of these was Alice in Wonderland, which is not at all a retread of the original. Don't get me wrong, I HATE that film, but it's almost certainly the biggest box office achievement once you factor in the actual relative legacies and popularities of the original films.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Why do these Disney remakes/re-imaginings always cause the most manufactured of manufactured outrage lmao.

Still the after effects of Chapek foolishly supporting DeSantis and then making a public show of disavowing him. Bitch wanted brownie points for doing the bare minimum but all he did was poop and attract the flies.

fly_poop_dribbble.gif