That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

21 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Looks like it will be around the $33.5m range for Friday.  I think word of mouth built throughout the day and will be interesting to see the Saturday number.  I think it still has a shot at $90m for the weekend.  

33.5M

31M

24M

88.5M OW, great OW for DS. With strong WOM 225-230M finish and with OS performing great, 425-450M finish. Another critical and financial hit for Marvel.

• Like 2

Better than expected for Doctor Strange! $84-88 million OW and a 2.5x would mean $210-220 million DOM. 

Trolls should get to $130-150 million DOM - a solid performer for DWA

Hacksaw Ridge is doing well. I think it can do $17-18 million next weekend and make a run for $75 million+

Madea is pacing for $70-75 million... much stronger legs than previous entries in the franchise 

Accountant is holding well. $80 million+ is solid. 

A solid kickoff for November!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Are you RTH? Never saw you before but your name in purple makes me think you're RTH ^^

He's very accurate around this community for estimates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kowhite said:

I like seeing people paid well but...

I can't argue with this.  But that Glendale facility...the building is pretty.  And they get free lunch.

I've always thought the Glendale building was a tad overindulgent but I guess DWA were on a roll until recently, 

20 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Nice for Doctor Strange. I am thinking it stays flat or has a few percent increase tomorrow.

It's possible, looking back at some previous first weekends of November new releases saw bumps. Even the 2nd weekend in 2013, Thor 2 had a small bump. Spectre seems to be the odd one  with a small decrease

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2015-11-07&track=bond24.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2014-11-07&track=bond24.htm&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-11-01&track=bond24.htm&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-11-08&track=bond24.htm&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?track=bond24.htm&sortdate=2012-11-09&p=.htm

Regardless of wheater it falls in the 80 or 90 range, Doctor Strange is poised to be the 8th biggest OW of the year (for the given moment, before Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One arrive):

1. Civil War, 179M
  2. BVS, 166M
  3. Finding Dory, 135M
  4. Suicide Squad, 133M
  5. Deadpool, 132M
  6. The Secret Life Of Pets, 104M
  7. The Jungle Book, 103M
  8. Doctor Strange, 80-90M
  9. Zootopia, 75M
  10. Apocalypse, 64M

What a weird year for the box office, this has been.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$20M was virtually impossible with the theater and screen count (it's on 1 screen everywhere and not in any of the biggest auditoriums, which go to the other two new releases, with a running time that limited it to 4 shows a day at most places). It's doing very well actually.

Have you done the math? Do we even know screen count? Almost 2900 theaters is aplenty. I'm sure the max it could have done in theory is a lot more than $15m. Anyway, fingers crossed for awesome legs...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Regardless of wheater it falls in the 80 or 90 range, Doctor Strange is poised to be the 8th biggest OW of the year (for the given moment, before Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One arrive):

1. Civil War, 179M
  2. BVS, 166M
  3. Finding Dory, 135M
  4. Suicide Squad, 133M
  5. Deadpool, 132M
  6. The Secret Life Of Pets, 104M
  7. The Jungle Book, 103M
  8. Doctor Strange, 80-90M
  9. Zootopia, 75M
  10. Apocalypse, 64M

What a weird year for the box office, this has been.

I wonder where Fantastic Beast will be on that list.

7 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Have you done the math? Do we even know screen count? Almost 2900 theaters is aplenty. I'm sure the max it could have done in theory is a lot more than $15m. Anyway, fingers crossed for awesome legs...

Even 24-screen multiplexes had it booked on only 1 screen (even theaters in places like NYC and LA), and the biggest auditoriums it was put in were 150-200 seat theaters (due to Doctor Strange and Trolls getting the biggest houses). A $5.4M opening day (as Empire City reports) gives it a PTA of nearly $2K, which is the high end of what it could've done all things considered.

9 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

If Strange has a $33.5m Friday and follows Thor: The Dark World exactly then it'll just edge a $90m OW. Not bad.

Thor made 7.1 Thursday making DS's real Friday 2.3m smaller. If it follows real Friday multi it the comes in closer to 85

• Like 2