kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

I think it might be worth pointing out that NWH didn’t need to convey through its title that it was a multiverse crossover movie to get people hyped. Hell, the advertisements completely left out Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, and that was hardly an issue. We already know for a fact that the marketing for this film won’t shy away from showing off Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, so what’s the need to put his name in the title? 

17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it might be worth pointing out that NWH didn’t need to convey through its title that it was a multiverse crossover movie to get people hyped. Hell, the advertisements completely left out Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, and that was hardly an issue. We already know for a fact that the marketing for this film won’t shy away from showing off Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, so what’s the need to put his name in the title? 

Spoiler

Yes, it can have an affect. Not having Wolverine in the title and instead naming it "Deadpool and Friends" is just. . .ouch

12 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:
  Hide contents

Yes, it can have an affect. Not having Wolverine in the title and instead naming it "Deadpool and Friends" is just. . .ouch

Spoiler

I’m not crazy about that title if it’s what they’re going for, but I think you’re overstating how much that actually matters. 

7 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

I still feel there will be less Wolverine in this trailer knowing Marvel.

And that will be fine with the regular folk  watching the Super Bowl who don't eat, breathe and know everything about upcoming movies.When he pops up  at the end of the trailer the Casuals/GA will be like holy shit Hugh Jackman is back. The movie is still 5 and a half months away. Why blow your load just to make the nerds and movie freaks,  who will see it no matter what, happy. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:
  Hide contents

I’m not crazy about that title if it’s what they’re going for, but I think you’re overstating how much that actually matters. 

Everyone will be aware that this has Wolverine in it, it doesn’t need to have “Wolverine” in the title, in the same way that Spider-Man: No Way Home didn’t need to be called “The Three Spidermen” or whatever for everyone to be aware that it had Tobey and Andrew in it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the trailer was actually fairly heavy on Hugh Jackman, it’s not like they’ve been hiding it up to this point.

If they end up just calling it “Deadpool & Wolverine” I’ll actually be slightly disappointed.

47 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Everyone will be aware that this has Wolverine in it, it doesn’t need to have “Wolverine” in the title, in the same way that Spider-Man: No Way Home didn’t need to be called “The Three Spidermen” or whatever for everyone to be aware that it had Tobey and Andrew in it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the trailer was actually fairly heavy on Hugh Jackman, it’s not like they’ve been hiding it up to this point.

If they end up just calling it “Deadpool & Wolverine” I’ll actually be slightly disappointed.

I don’t disagree. ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ not only comes off like a cynical studio mandated title, but it also makes it sound like it’s not really a Deadpool movie first and foremost. I’m not really crazy about Deadpool, but this is supposed to be his movie, not Wolverine’s. 

• Like 1