kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The TV spot was mediocre but the full trailer was better.

I mean the spot both a is to promote the trailer and b has to be PG

Also the actual spot is now online

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Idk if a Deadpool cameo film is the best indicator of MCU fatigue. It will open massive regardless of early reactions. Deadpool just feels too detached from the rest of the MCU and the cameos will fuel sales

Cap 4 and F4 will be better indicators 

I was more talking about Deadpool fatigue. It looks like the same old, same old. Do people want more of the same. IDK anymore.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, PlatnumRoyce said:

"The TVA, first introduced in the TV show Loki, recruits Deadpool as an agent

Did Disney really not learn the obvious lesson from the Marvels? At least Loki Season 1 was a big hit.

Dude.. its Wolverine x Deadpool

people dont care about Tva. They want an event movie

• Like 7

1 minute ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Did Disney really not learn the obvious lesson from the Marvels? At least Loki Season 1 was a big hit.

Out of curiosity, if they did learn an "obvious lesson" from The Marvels, what should they have done with a film already 80% to 95% done?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I think it's fine. Loki Season 1 was actually popular. 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

Deadpool already calling himself marvel Jesus, playing with the fact that the MCU isn’t in its best moment, is just great Deadpool moment.

I wanted to see more of Wolverine, but I’m sold by the trailer.

3 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

If you're mad about this I have bad news for you about Spider-Man 4

19 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Sticking with my predictions from a few months ago. Social media interactions are off the charts as expected with a big cameo event film. 

$150M/$400M/ over/under $1B 

Still don't understand the predictions that Deadpool & Wolverine will go under the two previous installments. 

*This prediction hinges on the fact that the movie is actually good*

I think it will do pretty much the same as the other 2 Deadpool did, between 700M and 780 M ww (and this is a LOT for an r rated movie, r rated movies have a very limited reach, and depending on the jokes Deadpool may be banned again like in 2016 from Chinese and other markets)

Edited by leoh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

That trailer did not make it look like an event movie and the reference to a television show did not help.

The biggest thing in this favor is that there really isn’t a bigger film coming until October with Joker 2. (Beetlejuice Beetlejuice could be a huge wildcard though) 

However, theaters aren’t the number one entertainment option anymore and audiences have gotten pickier with comic book films. 

1 minute ago, Reed121 said:

That trailer did not make it look like an event movie and the reference to a television show did not help.

It’s only a reference if you’re aware of it. I’m sure that’s how it’s going to be played out in  the movie itself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Yeah, I still think it will be big but most of the trailer was spent setting up the TVA framing of the film.

"You have to watch the TV show" is a narrative that's going to exist (even if they're always exaggerated)

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

11 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

I was more talking about Deadpool fatigue. It looks like the same old, same old. Do people want more of the same. IDK anymore.

Again, people seem to forget this is not another Deadpool film. This is a cameo event film, pretty much the NWH for the FOX universe. Plus, there is no numerical evidence of a "Deadpool fatigue" just MCU fatigue 

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Again, people seem to forget this is not another Deadpool film. This is a cameo event film, pretty much the NWH for the FOX universe. Plus, there is no numerical evidence of a "Deadpool fatigue" just MCU fatigue 

I love the confidence in your POV.  Ryan Reynolds fatigue the guy been doing the same act forever. I didnt get a cameo filled event film from that trailer.  I got another Deadpool movie.  Guess we'll see.

• Like 1