kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Because that point contradicts everything they said before. "We want characters to return, but they need to be instantly popular before they debut" so fucking stupid. Let's get back to the actual movie the thread is about

They said characters who have had theatrical debuts which you could count one of the two new leads in Marvels. And even though I’d count The Marvels, I don’t think that point dismisses their overall argument on having more character interactions. You don’t have to shoehorn it into Cap4/Shang-Chi 2, no one else but you is saying that but I don’t think it diminishes the Avengers brand name or narrative stakes for the saga to do a smaller-scaled team-up movie like a theoretical more Avengers/Ultron like Avengers 5.

That’s not to say the MCU isn’t doing those with characters inside similar spheres already like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision or Thor: Love and Thunder or even ranges outside of the norm like No Way Home with Strange or Multiverse of Madness with Wanda. If Infinity War was the first Avengers movie, I don’t think it nor Endgame would’ve been as big.

However, we should get back to the movie at hand for this thread.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YM! said:

it diminishes the Avengers brand name or narrative stakes for the saga to do a smaller-scaled team-up movie like a theoretical more Avengers/Ultron like Avengers 5.

It does when you remember that it's a sequel to endgame. The expectations are gonna be way higher than Age of Ultron.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

It does when you remember that it's a sequel to endgame. The expectations are gonna be way higher than Age of Ultron.

There was always going to be some form of dip from Endgame. Think A5 does somewhere between 1.6B-2.1B and then around 2.5B for SW but feel like both would do bigger with some form of New Avengers movie prior-hand,

2 hours ago, justnumbers said:

Whatever reasons there is, I think we can all agree a Young Avengers movie is a huge mistake. Unless they throw Spidey there but I don't even think that would make it.

If they do Children's Crusade good, it'll do well. And honestly they are going to debut dr. Doom in it. He plays a big role in that event. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Because that point contradicts everything they said before. "We want characters to return, but they need to be instantly popular before they debut" so fucking stupid. Let's get back to the actual movie the thread is about

Are you seriously this obtuse? I meant let there be team-ups between characters who have already appeared in movies like Shuri, Shang-Chi, Sam Wilson and Yelena. I literally even mentioned SC2 and Black Panther 3 jfc

Also speaking of the movie the thread is about, it IS A TEAM-UP between two previously established characters on the big screen and the major pull is seeing their chemistry on screen and them potentially teaming up with even more previously established characters in movies. I'm literally saying use the hook of this film for other characters' sequels too

Edited by Spidey Freak

22 minutes ago, Eric is Anxious said:

Moderation

I don't know what's going on here, but it reads like a bunch of pointless, off-topic fights. Please focus on the movie at hand.

Okay fine but only because you said Please

Love You Party GIF by Tete Novoa

2 hours ago, Eric is Anxious said:

Moderation

I don't know what's going on here, but it reads like a bunch of pointless, off-topic fights. Please focus on the movie at hand.

Agreed. We have the Marvel Universe thead for pointless fights.

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

That turn your phone off promo in theaters is actually so fucking annoying. Stop putting it in front of every R rated movie please.

Can’t be any worse than when that M&M’s commercial played in front of every movie since 2014, can it? 

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Can’t be any worse than when that M&M’s commercial played in front of every movie since 2014, can it? 

Or Nicole wander around a empty AMC theater. Somebody set her free please! LOL

On 6/23/2024 at 9:59 AM, lorddemaxus said:

That turn your phone off promo in theaters is actually so fucking annoying. Stop putting it in front of every R rated movie please.

Sad to say, the messages are needed. You still have idiots who insist on talking through the movie . And what the hell does a R rating have to with this?

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sad to say, the messages are needed. You still have idiots who insist on talking through the movie . And what the hell does a R rating have to with this?

Im not talking about the message. Im talking about the trailer itself. It’s just terribly unfunny. It’s a special red band promo they’ve put in front of R-rated movies

Edited by lorddemaxus